Might & Magic X - Open Development Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I have two more updates for Might & Magic X for everyone again today. The first update reveals another class called the Crusader.

Book_Crusader.jpg

Meet the Crusader, the battle-priest of Elrath! Like sunflowers in armor, Crusaders always turn their heads to the light. Their main purpose is to protect their allies, heal their wounds, clean them of curses and even to bring them back from the dead.
The second update provides technical information.

In a few days you will be able to begin your journey through the Agyn Peninsula. We know you can't wait to begin this new adventure but let’s make sure you are prepared!

Today we wanted to offer you a small recap of all the technical information you need to know about Might & Magic X – Legacy including: system requirements, how to install and update the game, and important notices.

If you have additional questions on these topics, please do not hesitate to post them in the comments section below ;)

Be careful: as stated below, installing the release update is required to launch the final game!
More information.

Read what the so called developers have to say about 32bit systems in relation to this "game". I purchased this early,and nowhere in their sales pitch was this ever mentioned.The restrictions on what will be available for us 32bit users is a joke,I thought the Devs on this game were professionals,seems like i've been proved wrong... :rolleyes:

I'm not really surprised most new games require a 64-bit OS. This is nothing new, and it's time to upgrade from using Win XP. ;)

I understand your anger though if they weren't upfront with this information.^^

Important note: Might & Magic X on a 32-bit OS

Might & Magic X – Legacy officially supports the following Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. We cannot guarantee the game will work on previous versions of Windows.

Furthermore, we recommend the use of 64-bit Operating Systems.

32-bit versions of Operating Systems cannot use more than 4GB of memory, adding up RAM and VRAM (here is a great article on Gamasutra explaining why 64-bit OS's are required for gaming!). Thus, while the game definitely works on a 32-bit OS (using the right settings), we had to implement software limits to make sure the game will fit this memory limit.

While running the game on a 32-bit OS, here are the limits:

• Texture Quality is limited to MEDIUM
  • Party Barks, Monster and ambient sounds are not available
  • Voice over is not available
Therefore we definitely recommend running the game on a 64-bit Operating System to fully enjoy the experience provided by Might & Magic X - Legacy.

20 years ago my PC had 40 MB hard drive. Then I discovered that Words of Xeen needs more than 40MB on hard disk. And it was worth it! :)

I've purchased M&M X but did not try it yet. I hope that I will get nice graphics, nice music and nice effects as a compensation for tile-based system :) 64-bit sounds good. That means that developers could use as much memory as they wanted without having to fit video and music into limited 32-bit memory space forcing PC to swap every minute.

... or was it 25 years ago ? :-0

This class resembles a tank more then a healer. With a change to a Paladin but can't be a grandmaster in 2 handed. Swords?

Yes, upgrade your system, I had to do that for several games back in the day and it always works out for the best. I'm looking at a bigger monitor my self after watching my Brother-in law play this game with a 27 1080p Tv that he uses for a monitor. Simply awesome.

That blurb about >4gb RAM on a 64bit OS makes me chuckle… so, are to infer then that M&M X is not actually a grid-based, turn-based game, that should be, by all measures, operable on Windows 98?

Just speak the truth, you dorks. Tell us that Ubisoft didn't give you enough money/time to produce and test both 32 and 64bit code and you had to choose one over the other. I hate corporate jargon - it's so very transparent in this age of cost-cutting and shortcuts.

Regarding this picture, not really feeling the art style (same as the Sylvan Elf covered earlier). The artists could and should have really taken a hint from former M&M art styles… and possibly the late Keith Parkinson to boot.

Well, just because it is grid-based, turn-based, it doesn't mean they can't use high-res textures, actually it is the opposite they can use very high res textures in each render because it is turn-based and grid-based.

It is pretty easy to stuff 3 GB of memory with high-res textures, so to only allow medium texture setting could make sense.

Doesn't their wording make clear they tested both? Going forward most systems will be 64-bit so it makes sense to optimize their deployment for the future. I'm not seeing the problem here.

The art looks good to me, although again the undersized head is a little freaky.

I got my MMX - Deluxe Collectors Edition with cloth-map today... :)

I actually like the art style and I have no problem with 32 bit games/systems dieing out. XP won't be supported anymore very soon and if you got Vista/Win7 on 32 bit…then that was one horribly uninformed purchase.

That said - the performance of M&MX in Early Access really wasn't good for these "low" graphics. But the day one patch will improve the performance they say. So let's see how that goes.

I dont use XP Couch, I use 32bit Vista ;)
Well regardless it's time to update to the 64-bit version. I remember my install disc had the option of either one.:)

Back
Top Bottom