Risen Vs. Gothic 4

Which will be the 'better' game, Risen or G4?

• Risen

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Gothic 4

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who would ship yet another buggy, disappointing iteration of Gothic? JoWood.

I respectfully disagree. This generation sees a lot of different people who make mistakes and then want to rectify it by going on record and 'taking responsibliity.' Politicians and famous people do this as a matter of routine. But 'taking responsibility' in most cases is simply a matter of lip service and nothing more.

Past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior. There are exceptions to this - but they are exceptions not the rule.

I might have been more willing to agree with your statement had FG never been released. But PB gave us a good dose of 'taking responsibility lip serverice' after G3 came out the way it did. Then PB did it again with FG - which is still supposed to be receiving more patching but it has been quiet now in that department for months so I'm not holding my breath.

I hope that I am wrong. I hope G4 will be a good game. But unlike G1, G2, & G3, I won't be pre-ordering G4. I will take a wait and see approach. That is the attitude PB has earned with me beginning with G3, but particularly with, and most stunningly from, the release of FG.

Ugh. Wherever I wrote PB in my above post what I meant to have written was JOWOOD. My mistake...

Given my experiences with Gothic 3, I say Risen.

It's not often that a brand new game installs then crashes to desk top. Thankfully, I didn't pay much for it, and Dungeon Lords was in the set, which worked much better. If that can give you a clue on how low my view of G3 is at this point.

However, this is a good reason why you never give a publisher full rights to any IP. If you are a developer, and have a game, do not give up your rights to it.

Back
Top Bottom