Drakensang Just starting game, do i install mod first?

Sathlin

Watcher
I just bought the game, it isn't here yet.

I noticed ergo's mod and was wondering if people think i should install it before i even start the game. The mod says you need to start a new game to get full benefits, and i'm not the type to start over.

Any other newbie tips before i start would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sathlin

Welcome to our forum! :)

Ergo writes the games gets harder with his mod. You should decide for yourself if you can handle average difficulty and then something. Furthermore Ergo changed quite a lot of little details and polished many minor issues, for example loca errors. So you have to decide whether you want to play "the original" or Ergo's modified version. Please note I'm not saying either of them is better or worse. Ergo polished a lot of things, but even the release version is in good condition.
If I were to play DraSa again I would probably install his mod. Generally speaking most people will play DraSa only once because it's quite a long game.

Newbie hints are not hardly necessary. The beginning is quite easy. Feel free to ask specific questions if you run into problems or feel something doesn't work as it should.

Two minore tips:
- Mages cannot wear metal.
- Most tools have to be placed in the quickbar to be used by the char.

Welcome to our forum! :)

Two minore tips:
- Mages cannot wear metal.
- Most tools have to be placed in the quickbar to be used by the char.

One more tip:
- Whenever you think you may have a question about a number, a spell, a skill, anything, right click on it!

Thanks a lot for the tips guys.
Please keep them coming.

Still unsure about the mod, guess i'll read about all the changes it introduces and see what i think.

Wish the game had an autorun feature though. That is one thing i wish rpg's would learn from mmmorpgs.

Thanks a lot for the tips guys.
Please keep them coming.

Still unsure about the mod, guess i'll read about all the changes it introduces and see what i think.

Wish the game had an autorun feature though. That is one thing i wish rpg's would learn from mmmorpgs.

I agree, but what I did was just zoom out and click on a place ridiculously far, almost the same thing

Back
Top Bottom