Project Eternity - $1.6M, Mac version and more unlocked

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Obsidian's Project Eternity Kickstarter has just ticked past $1.6M, unlocking the following stretch goals:
1.6 million, a Mac Version of Project Eternity and The Story Grows!
We've listened and we’ll make a Mac version of the game at this tier. We're also going to add a new major storyline along with new quests, locations, NPCs, and unique loot (special histories everyone?).
Looking forward to $1.8M, we'll get:
1.8 million, New Playable Race, Class, and Companion!
The options grow for your main character and the roster of your motley crew expands with the addition of a new companion from the selected class.
More information.

Going to 1.8m is going to be be slow it seems, the pledge dropped to an hourly low (less than 2k/hours) after reaching 1.6m, but we are going to get am update tomorrow (so say Sawyer on the official forums) so it might pick up again.

It also have over 40k backers now. Just last week Planetary Annihilation, with "only" 44,161, backers made $2,228,344.

Going to 1.8m is going to be be slow it seems, the pledge dropped to an hourly low (less than 2k/hours) after reaching 1.6m, but we are going to get am update tomorrow (so say Sawyer on the official forums) so it might pick up again.

It also have over 40k backers now. Just last week Planetary Annihilation, with "only" 44,161, backers made $2,228,344.

They've also responded in comments section of the kickstarter that they plan to open up more mid-range all-digital tiers. That could help boost the dollars/pledge to something a little closer to what we saw in Planetary Annihilation depending on how they are structured.

I pledeged $80 for the international shipping for the $65 one with the box and manual. I figure it will make a great gift for somebody someday.

I am waiting for an all-digital level to up my pledge from $20 to around $50. I think they might have cost themselves a bit of cash by letting 25k people get the game for $20 - that's $125 000 left on the table.

They are not getting as much per backer as Wasteland 2. Wasteland 2 got $48.84, Dead State got $32.95, and Double Fine got $38.29. Project Eternity is currently doing $40.19. It'd be $43.28 if everyone who pledged at $20 upped their pledge to $25.

I'm not sure what to make of all that, but I really hope Obsidian can get $3m or more and make a fantastic game. I love seeing MCA come out and say what he really thinks, too - now that his work is being commissioned by people who love his work rather than publishers. The guys who made Kickstarter have done us all a great service, and they have gotten really, filthy stinking rich as a result. Seems like a win-win-win, to me.

Adding additional "digital" incentive levels above the base reward level worked pretty well for Dead State, gave them a nice spike and increase of the average pledge level.

I think that businesses have a different mailing option than the regular person i think.

Maybe, if they give something tangible, like description of the world they create ecc, they can take more support and money...

I think they should confim a 100% DRM free version as soon as possible as many people seem to fear that the game might be tied to Steam and are reluctant to either pledge or to increase their pledge.

I assume that a DRM free version will be available eventually but the fact that they didn't state it explicitly and that they are "looking into it" does worry me a bit. In any case, should the game require Steam or any other for of DRM, then I will reduce my pledge to the bare minimum.

Do they have a PayPal option yet? I know they talked about it. That would go a long way to adding to the funding. I haven't pledged yet. I plan on giving 140.00 when i get my next paycheck.

PayPal and DRM-Free are coming, both require talks, contracts and probably lawyers (PayPal have a rule that you have to 'give/ship' something in the 20 days following the "pledge").

Feargus did a Q&A session on the Kickstarter chat thread. Somebody was nice enough to put everything on the official forums.

Feargus has never heard the term Vancian Magic?!?

*head spins*

I haven't heard it either until a few days ago and I own D&D manuals, played D&D games and followed D&D news (WotC and customs stuff) for about 15 years now.

DRM free version confirmed …and also available via GOG!!! There is a noticeable boost in pledges.

Well done, Obsidian!!

Last edited:
Also, for 140.00, you will be able to get in on the beta!

Also, for 140.00, you will be able to get in on the beta!

I think it is 140.00 and up. Make no sense to keep it only at 140.00, higher tier might decide to reduce their pledges for beta access.

Also, I'm starting to think there is people who keep refreshing the page to get those $20 slots. People upgrade their pledge from that level, but the slots get taken super fast.

Very nice! I loved the Infinity Engine games. I dislike preordering stuff tho as I've been disappointed to many times. I'll pick it up tho once reviews I trust come out.

I'm curious to see how this will play on a Win 8 tablet when it comes out.

I am waiting for an all-digital level to up my pledge from $20 to around $50

You got it, time to pony up the cash! They added a new $50 Digital Only Tier:

Pledge $50 or more
94 Backers
DIGITAL ONLY TIER - All previous digital rewards + DIGITAL HIGH RESOLUTION GAME MAP + DIGITAL HIGH RESOLUTION CONCEPT ART PIECES + WALLPAPERS FOR MULTIPLE MONITORS + RINGTONES . You will get multiple high resolution downloads of concept art and wallpaper (single through triple monitor resolutions). We've also added in a super high resolution PDF of the game map. Our great audio guys are also going to pick out some of the best sound effects and music for you to have a little of Project Eternity on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom