J.J. Abrams will direct Star Wars: Episode VII :(

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
What's wrong with JJ Abrams? He's a great director. Star Trek was very well done and Into Darkness looks great. We need more Star Wars like a hole in the head but that's another topic. Plus Lucas was dragging the universe into the abyss.

Star Trek was a good action flick but the problem with ST movies is they are too long in between - 6 TOS movies < 72 tv shows whose purpose was to be a backdrop for serious Science Fiction stories. Of course, the only good TNG movie was First Contact which could have won the oscar for best screenplay. The reboot is going to suffer the same problems.

I hope Abrams goes back to the roots of Star Wars - no not the "first trilogy" - the thing that made the first movie great in 1977: it was a tribute to the movie serials of the 1940's (So was Indiana Jones). That's the real reason it was titled #4; not because there were any sequels or prequels planned. He should stylize it after the Flash Gordon clones - like they did in STVoyager - and not on the pervailing Star Wars lore.

Or if he doesn't, he should at least make Kevin Anderson a screenwriter and a consultant.

For once I agree. Both the screen writer and director are a mistake.:) .

I think they could have done a lot worse. Star Trek was excellent.

It's going to be a hell of a lot better than the last three movies, that's for sure. And I haven't seen Oblivion yet, but Michael Arndt did a solid job as a writer on Little Miss Sunshine, Brave and Toy Story 3, this guy is much better than Lucas, and J.J. Abrams is a better director.

I am clearly out of touch with geekdom - I didn't even know a new episode was planned.

I consider this good news actually. I really liked his new Star Trek approach. I'm actually pretty excited about SW7 now.

I am clearly out of touch with geekdom - I didn't even know a new episode was planned.

Disney bought LucasArts a while back, and announced 3 new movies in the same process.

Ehm ok.

Thanks for crushing all my hopes for a good SW entirely :(

Star Trek was a piece of shit - and the less said about LOST and JJ Abrams the better.

The man represents everything that's bad about modern Hollywood.

Your proposal is acceptable.:gorath:

Actually it was a reference to the first Men in Black movie, when the bug collects his Edgar costume.

I go out, I work my butt off to make a living, all I want is to come home to a nice clean house with a nice fat steak on the table, but instead I get this!

Then again, there's a kind of symmetry to it all. He destroyed Star Trek - and now he'll destroy what's left of Star Wars. He's like the EA of movie directors :)

Star Trek was a piece of shit

And what were Insurrection, Nemesis and Undiscovered Country? :p

Before the Abrams movie, the last good Star Trek was The Search for Spock. Voyage Home was not bad. The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek the Motion Picture were excellent. The others were crap IMO. Rick Berman was running the franchise into the ground.

And what were Insurrection, Nemesis and Undiscovered Country? :p

The Undiscovered Country was one of the best Treks. I liked Insurrection - but Nemesis was awful.

Before the Abrams movie, the last good Star Trek was The Search for Spock. Voyage Home was not bad. The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek the Motion Picture were excellent. The others were crap IMO. Rick Berman was running the franchise into the ground.

I disagree quite severely, but that's the way of subjective opinions.

Back
Top Bottom