Age of Decadence - Combat Video #2

I'm glad it's not a party based game. It's a huge plus for me.

Yeah, I tend to prefer solo character RPGs as well. Having some tag-along companions for segments of the game is ok, but I'd prefer to not control them but at the same time I'd like the AI to be good enough to run NPCs competently.

Deeper comments, now that I've had the time. To be honest, these are nitpicks of relatively little consequence - I'd be pretty satisfied if it stayed as is. Still, in the interest of improvement...

- I'd appreciate a weapon quick-switch button to change between two weapon configurations. No big deal.

- The animation quality is quite good but I'd like more impact for hits. They seem to step back almost calmly, with little sign of impact or urgency. Perhaps some blood? Combat sounds would obviously help and may remove the need for animation changes but it's hard to tell without seeing (hearing) it.

- This is most obvious for the critical hit against the PC. The text says "massive damage to internal organs" but visually it looks like a scratch.

- The knockdown with the hammer seemed to have no gameplay impact - or did I miss it? No lost turn or reduced APs for being on the ground?

- The disarm needs some bling. Whether it's some small particle effect or an animation like throwing his arms up in surprise. Then enemy just looks static. Even floating text - *disarmed* that rises from the enemy.

- I see the authenticity of the hammer is being questioned - leave it as is. Whether it's exactly Roman or not I don't care but it's cool weapon choice - very slow but very damaging (I assume) and the knockdown is cool. Gameplay over realism minutae.

Love the whirlwind, too.

Again, these are nitpicks. I do think the attack impact needs some tweaking to keep up with the quality of everything else and I'd like to see the disarm improved.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing a review of this on the watch.

Good work, thanks for the yummy appetizers. Get in my belly! :)

Back
Top Bottom