RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion – An epic turn-based strategy game

The free universal update for the game should arrive just before Christmas!
Good news, thanks for the reply :)

That is the great thing about universal apps … they ARE true iPad AND iPhone games. Ravenmark plays wonderfully on my iPad … it is the iPod Touch that is an issue due to lower memory …
I'm still new at the iOS but I understood that this game isn't universal yet? I only find it under 'iPhone apps' on the iTunes store.
I've tried some iPhone/iPod apps and I find the pixelation off-putting… It just feels like you're missing something when everything has the potential of looking really beautiful on the iPad's screen.
Hey, there are so many cheap games for these devices that one can afford to be quirky and picky!

I'm still new at the iOS but I understood that this game isn't universal yet? I only find it under 'iPhone apps' on the iTunes store.

Yeah, my reply was a mess - right now it is still not universal, but still looks and plays better than most games on my iPad. Since I know the universal version is on the way soon I have no worries about the game at all!

The free universal update for the game should arrive just before Christmas!

Please, PLEASE, consider implementing some type of savegame syncing. Didn't iCloud in iOS 5 support this kind of thing? People with both an iPhone/iPod and an iPad have a real problem with universal games where you can play games on both devices, but they're gonna have to make a choice between them or essentially play the game twice.

There's a nice story campaign in the game, so it would be awesome if progress could be synced across the devices.

Yes, I generally agree with TouchArcade's reviews and their 4.5 stars mean that they really did like it a lot. That's a half star more than the The Bard's Tale port. ;)

Heya guys, thanks for all the support! Our latest update just went live (faster than anticipated, actually) and it has a bunch of changes - here's the list!

New features in the upcoming 1.02 update!

1) Universal support!

beholduniversal.png

2) The game will now save your progress mid-mission!

autosave.png

(After implementing this, I have a whole new level of respect for games that supports game saving. Srsly.)

3) You can now move Elements to spaces blocked by other friendly Elements, provided they have a higher Initiative and moves out of the way during the round.

blockedmovement.png

4) There is a new option to change the speed of the battle splashes, you can now adjust it to slow, normal, fast and off.

options.png

5) A new toggle has been added to the interface when an enemy Element is selected. You can now toggle between movement and attack radius.

attacktoggle.png

6) There are now markers that will appear on squares that will be occupied by friendly Elements when the grid is toggled on. This should help with putting together formations.

movemarkers.png

Freaking amazing update! Thanks so much for all of the hard work!

I have this on my App watch list...waiting for a sale, glad to hear it is good:)

Heya all! I know it's been a while, but we've just submitted a huge update to Apple and it should be out soon. Wanted to give you all the head's up first!

Upcoming 1.03 Update Features

1. Enter the Suneaters! The Suneaters Campaign is now available! The 11 new missions offer an additional 10 to 15 hours of gameplay and depict the story from the Kaysan point of view.

0103.png

2. Players can command Kaysani swarms as they take to the field!

10103.png

3. A 3-medal system is now available for every mission. Players will obtain the first medal by completing a mission in Easy difficulty and the second medal by completing it in Normal difficulty. The third medal can only be obtained in Normal difficulty and the requirements are mission specific and are listed in the Tactical Menu as Secondary Objectives. The 3rd medal is intended to challenge even the best players. Players with versions of Ravenmark prior to v1.03 will be retroactively awarded 2 medals for each mission completed before the update.

4103.png

4. An Easy game difficulty is now available in the Options menu. Easy mode doubles the base hit points of player controlled factions. Players may switch difficulty modes at any time, but it will only take effect on restarting/beginning a new mission.

5103.png

5. As the player progresses through each mission/cutscene, the game now shows the location and movement of the main characters on the world map.

8103.png

6. An Atlas (map) of the world is now available from the main menu.

3103.png

7. There is now a button to jump to the Codex entry of an Attachment/Commander directly from the Element's information panel in the battlefield.

2103.png

8. The information panel of an Element now shows the current and remaining health points.

1103.png

9. Formations (of 2 or 3 Elements) may now move backwards 1 square while maintaining their facing.

6103.png

10. Abilities now appear before that stat block. This makes referring for abilities easier.

9103.png

11. The floating text on the battlefield are now larger on the iPad.

7103.png

12. Also, iCloud syncing is now available. Missions and Medals that have been unlocked will now sync to iCloud so you can continue playing from a second device or delete Ravenmark from your device without losing any progress. Mission autosave files are NOT synced. This feature requires iCloud to be activated on a device running iOS5.

11103.png

Awesome! I had to set the game aside for other stuff, when I saw notice of the update I thought "really need to restart"!

THE SUNEATERS HAVE ARRIVED! =D

The update just went live a little while ago!

THE SUNEATERS HAVE ARRIVED! =D

The update just went live a little while ago!

Holy crap! When I saw a new update this morning I assumed it was just a quickie bug fix since your last update was so massive!

Holy crap! When I saw a new update this morning I assumed it was just a quickie bug fix since your last update was so massive!

Hehe.. Have fun with the new campaign!

But Ravenmark shows that complex and deep strategy games are possible on the platform, ESP iPad.

But Ravenmark shows that complex and deep strategy games are possible on the platform, ESP iPad.

Sure - but just because Ravenmark is awesome doesn't mean EVERY game for iPad is awesome. That is why I used the Two Worlds II analogy - the Castle Defense game is plenty fun, just not approaching the same depth.

Yeah, I read about the update on TouchArcade... they were very positive about it, saying it essentially doubles the amount of content. I want to buy it, but like everything else, I have a backlog that I don't even touch anymore!! Sigh, sometimes I *wish* my commute to work were longer, lol.

Back
Top Bottom