GameBanshee - Brother None is Leaving Gamebanshee - to join InXile

Good luck, Brother None, certainly exiting games to be involved with! Although I'd rather see you in the design department than as a producer…

Well, inXile is a small company and everyone wears multiple hats. Chris Keenan is technically a "producer" but he's also the director of design, that's how such things usually work. Right not I'm doing production-end stuff but the possibilities are open for more creative contributions if Torment funds successfully.

Will your new job mean less time on forums like RPGWatch, and RPGCodex? Or more time as "community manager" usually means "a PR guy on the forums making games sound good"?

I'm not really community manager, that term doesn't make sense for us since we don't have a community that needs management as much as a community we want to hear from and want to have direct input. But it is part of my job to make sure that communication between company and community works better than it has so far (safe to say inXile has made some mistakes in clarity of communication and frequency of updates).

That said, yeah, I do plan to stick around on forums like these. I enjoy hanging out with the hardcore RPG crowd and getting your thoughts, and it's also nice to have someone around who can give official word/clarification. But I don't really plan to PR it, I'm not too good at PR, I'll just give my own honest takes and thoughts. If it does seem like I'm PRing, let me know.

Good Luck for the new job and a big thank you for your reviews!

I'm not really community manager, that term doesn't make sense for us since we don't have a community that needs management as much as a community we want to hear from and want to have direct input. But it is part of my job to make sure that communication between company and community works better than it has so far (safe to say inXile has made some mistakes in clarity of communication and frequency of updates).

That said, yeah, I do plan to stick around on forums like these. I enjoy hanging out with the hardcore RPG crowd and getting your thoughts, and it's also nice to have someone around who can give official word/clarification. But I don't really plan to PR it, I'm not too good at PR, I'll just give my own honest takes and thoughts. If it does seem like I'm PRing, let me know.

I think that community is in good hands. And once again congrats.

Congratulations. Sounds like a hell of an opportunity. Run with it.

Good for you Brother None! Always enjoyed reading your articles. I'm glad that you got your chance to try game development side. :)

Excellent, now we know who to bitch to (or, on the plus side, who to shower praise upon).

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom