Metro 2033 Problems

Khalus

Whatever...
So I recently bought Metro 2033 after watching the Last Light previews. Figured its about time I play it, but I'm having a ton of problems.

And I was hoping someone here may have a solution that I havn't yet read about or tried. I can't seem to find an official forum to get help, I've read through many others through random google searching and have tried many things to get this to run, but it just won't. I've updated it and tried to manually adjust fullscreen on/off, running in safe mode, forcing settings through the nVidia CP and my GPU drivers are up to date, but still nothing.

• I'm getting the black screen upon loading but I can hear the game and select menu options.
  • My HDTV shows that its trying to run the game at 85hrz, and thats just silly cause my max is 60hrz. I've fouind no way to force it lower so that may be part of the issue.
  • I've gotten the screen to appear once before, but when I try to change my resolution to anything but what it starts in at 1280*1024, I get a blue screen and says resolution not supported.
  • Its stuck in DX9 mode, if I change it to DX10 or DX11, the setting revert to DX9 after I confirm it.

My PC is more than beefy enough to run this game on max in DX11:

Motherboard: EVGA P55 FTW 200 SLI
CPU: Intel Core i7-K875 Lynnfield 2.93GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 580
Monitor: 40" Proscan HDTV
Case: Antec 1200
PSU: Antec 750w
RAM: 8GB A-DATA Gaming Series DDR3 1600
HDD: Hitachi 1TB 7200

I've never had so much trouble with any game before, and I'd really like to play it already, especially after watching the Last Light previews…

Well anytime a game attempts to run at a refresh rate that's faster than what the screen supports, you're going to get a black screen. So I agree there's a chance that may be your problem.

Do you have another monitor you could test it with, to see if that is the problem? My Samsung LCD also runs at 60hz, but I didn't have any issues with that game. Maybe it just doesn't like your HDTV. Also, is this the only game you've ever had this kind of problem with?

Yeah, never had problems with any other game before like this, and with this HDTV all other games work fine and auto adjust to the appropriate refresh rate.

Back
Top Bottom