Black Isle - Crowdfunding Campaign Launched

My first reaction is wow, this has to be the worst crowdfunding pitch we've seen yet.

Does it look okay it your browser? In mine I get a black box and the top with some numbers in there and then grey box beneath that with all the videos/text. No images or any kind of design elements that you would get on normal websites these days. Maybe it is just broken for me.
That's how it looked for me too when using Chrome. I tried loading in Firefox and it then loads the graphics properly.

Even with the graphics loaded the presentation is seriously lacking.

The images were getting blocked by a plugin i have. It didn't like the path "/affiliation/". Disabling the plugin caused it to show properly. Looks a bit more professional now.

No game? No thanks!

I enjoyed the video though. :)

Daniel.

That's so abnormously absurd that I don't know what to say...

Eh... strategy RPG, didn't they already do that with Fallout Tactics trying to capitalize on Jagged Alliance popularity? So they add base building to that, trying to capitalize on XCOM popularity? Sounds like the resurrected Black Isle is populated by some of the same 'tards who caused Interplay to shrivel up and die in the first place. How about some fucking ideas instead of just trying to do low budget knock offs of whatever is currently selling, you fuckwits?

The game concept actually sounds pretty interesting, but if I'm going to simply give money to charity, I'd rather give it to kids in Africa. As a kickstarter it could've been interesting, but even then I think they'd need more than just a brand - some developers who worked at the old Black Isle would be a good start.

Kickstarters are dodgy enough as it is. Companies are asking for donations from people for the purposes of the company making a profit. With kickstarters, they might offer a complete product of unknown quality, but they aren't obligated to do so. In this situation, it is just a blatant "give us money" request.

Back
Top Bottom