Deathfire - Funding Unsuccessful

You have to click on one of the boxes with price tags below to select your tier and start a PayPal dialog.

The way they have it set up is a tad confusing.. .Most people are going to instinctively click on the big yellow pledge button and then you're greeted with a wall of text. it does say click on the image of the tier you want at the bottom, but man, they should probably design it so you see the clickable images rather than wall of text...

Anyway, I pledged at the $20 level as that's all i can really spare and it gives me everything I want (the game). Hope lots of classic cRPG can drop a 20 for this.

Okay I pledged. How will they know it's me who pledged? There was no question on e-mail or something.

btw I don't pledge during december on anything, but it's from last month so that's why I repeated.

Via Paypal they get your Paypal-Email address when you pledge automatically.

My paypal e-mail address is not the address I use frequently. Hell can't remember the last time I actually checked the inbox there.

But if one asks how come not many pledged, there's your answer. No name, no nick, no preferred e-mail addy. Bad organization of the new fundraiser.

My paypal e-mail address is not the address I use frequently. Hell can't remember the last time I actually checked the inbox there.

But if one asks how come not many pledged, there's your answer. No name, no nick, no preferred e-mail addy. Bad organization of the new fundraiser.

You can contact the support team:

support@g3studios.com

I'm sure they can solve all your problems :)

It's not about my problems… I don't have them really, I'll get a notice on my other e-mail.
Just trying to explain to you why many KS pledgers are no show.

I just wanted to pop in real quick to let you know that we are working on streamlining the entire process. Thank you so much for your comments and the support, and we are working hard to get everything into shape an off the ground. We just didn't have a whole lot of time preparing for this, because some other alternatives we had in mind fell through.

As for the connection between payment and user, we will have a backer portal in place soon that will allow user to link their payment to their backer accounts and then manage their pledges, add-ons and rewards from there.

@Gokyabgu Thank you so much for your great explanation of the chapter-approach and its impact on funding. It reflects our thoughts exactly. :)

As for the connection between payment and user, we will have a backer portal in place soon that will allow user to link their payment to their backer accounts and then manage their pledges, add-ons and rewards from there.

Guido please add that to the site. It's very important.

Backed once again :)

Was sad that the KS didn't work out, but glad to see they are working on plan B.

I don't think I'll re-pledge. I have KS burnout and I'm not keen on episodic content. When I play a game I want to be able to play it from start to finish in one sitting. I'll probably pick this up some way down the line though (assuming it gets made).

Ok, everyone that feels this way. Next time you feel like complaining
that no one is making classic old school RPGs just don't say anything
because when the opportunity came up to change which games get
funded, you got really tired.

After the pledge you can wait for all six episodes to be released, therefore you can play the game as a whole. But if you don't pledge right now there's a possibility that they can't reach their 50,000 $ goal and the game be cancelled entirely….

To be honest I only pledged on a whim, and not at a very high level - I also prefer to have each party member as a separately movable/placeable unit I can see on the screen during combat. I am also not too keen on another TB game at this point - thanks to Tides of Numenera (which I backed at a high level) going in that direction.

Ok, everyone that feels this way. Next time you feel like complaining
that no one is making classic old school RPGs just don't say anything
because when the opportunity came up to change which games get
funded, you got really tired.

I am not really fan of this sub-genre of RPG, so I'm hardly about to complain. Classic old school actually contains several game types that I never got into and have no desire to return to. I am also not looking for another turn-based game at this point.

Hey a question if anyone knows:

My e-mail on paypal is the same as on Kickstarter. Do I need to send them additional notice? (i.e. I believe there was a mention about the KS username somewhere… I would guess that the e-mail would be enough? )

Not a big deal (I am not too interested in the special items) but the "Founder" status tickles my vanity a bit ;)

edit: Erm, never mind. Just saw Guido's reply about the backer portal above...

Last edited:
There are quite a few second kickstarters that did better than the first one but if there's a time/money issue then so be it. I hope this works out. Will re-pledge at the end of the work day. Best of luck Mr Henkel :)

The timing won't allow me to back this. I ended up having an extra unplanned $4300 in expenses the last two months and with Christmas coming up too, I just don't have extra money lying around this month.

crpgnut, time to sell your kidney. :evilgrin:

He already did to back DOS on the watch fundraiser I fear :(

Selling a second kidney isn't recommended methinks.

I sold kidney beans, so I'm safe ;) I'll be able to back Guido later. Just had a furnace go out and then wrecked my old Lincoln. I took an unexpected spin on the icy roads!

Back
Top Bottom