Dungeons of Dredmor - Review @ IGN

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Looks like Dredmor has achieved enough profile to attract the lumbering attention of IGN - good for them. Their review has a score of 8.5/10 and here's a snip:
Death isn't always such a bad thing though, since the game's awesome character creation system makes it highly replayable. You may even welcome it as an opportunity to test out new abilities. Thankfully, fine-tuning your custom character is an easy, intuitive process. Instead of pre-defined classes, you start out by picking a handful of abilities from a selection of 34 different skill sets – each sporting a stylish and humorous hand-drawn icon. While they tend to skew evenly between the schools combat, magic, thievery, and crafting, you can mix and match these powers to suit your play style. I got a huge kick out of building a burly, axe-wielding psychic warrior who regained health by drinking blood and was adept at both the fine arts of mushroom growing and mathematics. Even better, as you level up, you can then spend points to unlock additional abilities within each skill tier you've chosen, granting you sweet new powers.
More information.

Damn it. I still want sales numbers! Than man is postponing his PhD, so they must have been impressive.

That, or the hire rates for a PhD in Comp Sci are low. ;)

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said 'roguelike' - it even has monster zoos!?

it even has monster zoos!?

1. Kick door open
  2. Big yellow letters appear on screen and read: 300 Monsters!
  3. See achievement popup: You discovered a Monster Zoo
  4. End result: dead in a few turns.

^That's what happened in my last game.

There are monster zoos with 300 around? I've got 16 hours played, but have only seens 100 at the most.

Back
Top Bottom