Counter Strike: Where do you play?

lostnumber

Watchdog
It's a fairly simple question, where do you play Counter Strike Source? I am looking for a new haunt where some familiar faces gather; and since joining a clan never really appealed to me I couldn't help but pose the question. I know that it might be difficult to play with some of the members here since we live in various parts of the world but nevertheless it would be nice. I.P., server name I don't care just post the information here.

Finally, would the watch ever host something like this? I would never leave the house.

I stopped playing Counter-Strike years ago, but I still play Battlefield 2 for a multiplayer FPS occasionally. If you have any interest in playing that, I'd be happy to join you.

Come on, someone here has to play CSS. I feel like the kid that gets picked last when teams are decided for a game.

Sorry ... but CS just immediately triggers images of whiny, foul-mouthed 13 year olds camping or complaining about camping and running around calling everything 'teh ghey'

Woah, I really have to be careful with taking on new online games. I find that I become addicted far too easily; I almost ruined my undergrad career because of team fortress classic. With all the great things I heard about BF2, and the knowledge of my predispositions, I don't want to risk ruining my graduate career; or any aspect of my life for that matter.

I need a game I can really enjoy for a bit and then get sick of after an hour or so, CSS does exactly that for me.

When you say years ago you must be talking about CS the original. CSS is based off of the source engine. Cheating is minimal, perhaps nonexistent, graphics are stellar. If you haven't played HL2 do yourself a favor and grab a copy, it's good stuff.

"Sorry ... but CS just immediately triggers images of whiny, foul-mouthed 13 year olds camping or complaining about camping and running around calling everything 'teh ghey'"

Heh, yep you can get a lot of that. That's why I am looking for a good server. The worst offense in this category is the ever garbled voice chat. It loud, annoying, and always uninteligible. Somehow though, I get the feeling that if I did know what was being said I wouldn't like it.

It's really good twitch based fun, and if you get on a well structured team it's even better.

I stopped playing CS on the net or on LAN parties back in... hmmm... shortly after the original DoD came out and I finally could revert to my CTF roots, so I never felt the urge to play CS Source (never played DoD Source, either, for that matter, Steam may have been one of the reasons - just don't like Steam too much).
I did recently unearth one of my OEM copies of CS:CZ, however, and it's one of my 'currently playing...' games: I'm trying to re-learn using the mouse with the left hand.

Woah, I really have to be careful with taking on new online games. I find that I become addicted far too easily; I almost ruined my undergrad career because of team fortress classic. With all the great things I heard about BF2, and the knowledge of my predispositions, I don't want to risk ruining my graduate career; or any aspect of my life for that matter.

I'm a double-major Computer and Electrical Engineering student in college and I generally avoid multiplayer RPG games and MMO games of all genres for precisely that reason. BF2 is very similar to CSS in that you just launch the game, load the server list, pick one and join it and play however long you want. The game has "rounds" just like in CSS (depending on whether you're playing capture the flag style or deathmatch). I love BF2 because it's a great game that I can play for just 30 minutes to 2 hours a time before getting tired of it. You do need at least 30 minutes because that is probably the average length of time for each round. An hour is at least the length of time it takes for an entire map to end (because most servers have 3 rounds for each map). I sometimes just hop in the game to play for one map and when the map changes I stop playing. It's not like an MMO where you feel like you have to "keep up" with everyone else. There's no experience or leveling involved. Well... if you care about your rank you can gain promotions through experience but most people just ignore that. It has absolutely nothing to do with the strength of your character. The rank merely determines priority of the commander position. At the start of each map players who want to play the commander for their team (which is kinda boring anyway so most players don't even try it) submit their entry and whichever player with the highest rank that entered to be the commander gets to be the commander. It's really boring though anyway so who cares. Just play the game to shoot people just like in CSS... except in BF2 the graphics are WAYYYY better and the game physics are WAYYYY more realistic and you get to fly, drive, and use EVERYTHING on the battlefield... tanks, helicopters, jeeps, anti-air, boats, stationary weapons, and various different models of each, etc... the game is amazing if you enjoy multiplayer FPS gaming in modern combat settings. I own every worthwhile FPS game out there released within the past 6 years or so and trust me when I say that BF2 is a "must have" for multiplayer fps gamers.... and quite simple, if you like css multiplayer then you are a multiplayer fps gamer.

If you take my advice just make sure your computer meets the recommended specs for the game... it won't seem as good without it.

It's a fairly simple question, where do you play Counter Strike Source? I am looking for a new haunt where some familiar faces gather; and since joining a clan never really appealed to me I couldn't help but pose the question. I know that it might be difficult to play with some of the members here since we live in various parts of the world but nevertheless it would be nice. I.P., server name I don't care just post the information here.

Finally, would the watch ever host something like this? I would never leave the house.

@lostnumber, try this: Counter-Strike Fun. you might get someone active.

Back
Top Bottom