Gothic 3 New Community Patch out. v1.5

First of all I'm not a German as Acleacius told. I use to play the English version of G1 and G2. And I agree that probably CD P. had more time and founds than P.B. :)
But G1 was really unstable, even with the patches. I remember myself catch up in corners, very often crashes in desk etc.
G2 was stable but very bud and boring after the 3rd charter. but i can forgive P.B. for that because totally was an enjoyable game.
But for G3, PB are Guilty for betrayal >:O. Because not only they make it very "Americanised" - means de cerebrated, simplified, Round headed and totally simpleton - but they left it unfinished, no patch or add-on to make it playable.
And dear Gorath, i don't give a horse shit if Jowood - the most retard company in game industry - financially be fool them,because they select him as their publisher. And second because they left the G3 unfinished and their fans, that they run like wildfire to purchase the game, with a worthless pile of sh..t.:wall:

Gothic 1 was very playable even without any patch. I think something got mixed up by your pc, cause everything was ok here. Gothic was boring in chapter 6, but all the previous chapters were of superb quality (certainly compared with the Witcher)
Gothic 3 was unfinished and if you go wondering at the World of Gothic forum, you will see that PB already appologised for it. The game however has patches (release patch, 1.08, 1.09 and 1.12) released by PB. This means that you're full of shit when you say they left in unpatched. An addon means that you need the rights to make one and you should know by now that Jowood has those rights, NOT PB!!
A developer needs a publisher more then the other way around, so it's not always a real choice for a dev. Don't forget that Jowood did a good job for Gothic 2 in Germany (Atari fucked up in the rest of the world). It's only logical to go for the same publisher for the next Gothic, is most likely what PB had been thinking.
Gothic 3 certainly isn't a worthly pile of shit, but I'm beginning to wonder weather you know what that means.

Gothic 1 was very playable even without any patch. I think something got mixed up by your pc, cause everything was ok here. Gothic was boring in chapter 6, but all the previous chapters were of superb quality (certainly compared with the Witcher)
Gothic 3 was unfinished and if you go wondering at the World of Gothic forum, you will see that PB already appologised for it. The game however has patches (release patch, 1.08, 1.09 and 1.12) released by PB. This means that you're full of shit when you say they left in unpatched. An addon means that you need the rights to make one and you should know by now that Jowood has those rights, NOT PB!!
A developer needs a publisher more then the other way around, so it's not always a real choice for a dev. Don't forget that Jowood did a good job for Gothic 2 in Germany (Atari fucked up in the rest of the world). It's only logical to go for the same publisher for the next Gothic, is most likely what PB had been thinking.
Gothic 3 certainly isn't a worthly pile of shit, but I'm beginning to wonder weather you know what that means.

Bart, Belgian chocolates aren't any good. Only Austrian and Swish.:)

Gothic 1 with all the fix? => I never crash, are your systems really clean?
Gothic 2 merged with NOTR with all the fix? => Ok some crash clearly linked to the number of savegame. Strangely Gothic 3 had the same problem for me, not a major problem in my point of view.

I always ask myself who design the game? Obviously it's not the distributor of the game but I believed it was often the producer of the game except for design tuning and for some game it was the developer of the game. Nobody can give more precision about this?

@Dasale Piranha Bytes is the developper of the games Gothic 1, Gothic 2 (with NotR) and Gothic 3. Jowood was the distributor together with either Koch Media or Aspyr (or sth like that for the English - US version) After patch 1.12, Jowood had the rights of future gothic releases/addons/patches. PB has nothing to do with any future patching nor the community made patches (created by Gothic fans with a little support of Jowood).

I hope this clarifies it a bit for you.

Bartacus said:
Jowood had the rights of future gothic releases/addons/patches.
All future or just the 4th game? I had thought only the 4th game but it's hard to keep up since I don't speak German.

The situation hasn´t changed since we had all those long discussions.

Apologizes, my memory has became confused, maybe due to seeing confusing post. :)

With a new install followed by the 1.12 patch then the 1.5.2 community patch the game runs exceptionally well - i can find no faults as yet. Saved games load in 20 seconds, slight 300ms lags (almost un-noticeable) when loading refreshed areas. Killed 8 wild boars and 10 wolves right at the beginning without the slightest problem. I havn't altered or adjusted any settings, no tweeks needed, set on normal difficulty as default straight out of the box.

This is how it should have been presented from day one. It plays as smooth as silk, i would recommend anyone who was initially holding back to give it their full effort provided their rig is up to date they won't be disappointed.

Best regards and a big thankyou to the Community team.:beer:

Only important bug I have not seen addressed, is the Music volume bug which does NOT lower when NPCs are talking, which leaves you in the dark or forces you to turn on Conversation text. Could someone please bring this up, it would be a huge improvement.

Thanks. :)

I don't think it's a bug that the music doesn't automatically lower when npc's are talking, many games are like that, I think the bug is that it's too loud to begin with.

The default level is way too loud, and you really need to lower it to 5% or lower, or else it's overpowering. I play with it set at 2%.

Humm, I guess, though I really can't think of a single game that steps on NPC to PC conversations and it sure sounds like a bug to me, as I can't think of any other description. Well Bloodlines did till all the fans complained and it was fixed in 1.2 official patch, if you don't think it's a problem hopefully someone else will report it.

One additional problem with the voice acting is that it seems like the game sometimes shift to a perspective where the characters doing the talking are obscured, and then has the environment "soften" the dialogue the same way as it would be if you were walking past a building with people talking inside.

Good point I forgot about that one, Zaleukos.
Voice volumes will not stay at a consistent volume during NPC to PC dialogs.

Yeah, and it gets pretty annoying as you cant do anything to change the camera angle while talking:p

Saved games load in 20 seconds, slight 300ms lags (almost un-noticeable) when loading refreshed areas. Killed 8 wild boars and 10 wolves right at the beginning without the slightest problem. I havn't altered or adjusted any settings, no tweeks needed, set on normal difficulty as default straight out of the box.
Holy stun-lock, Batman! If what you write is true, I might give G3 another go after all. My two biggest problems with G3 (as of v1.12) were the unbearable loading/saving times and the stun-locking boars and wolves (from hell).

@Lurking Grue...welcome.

G3 tends to go a bit faster after it has 'warmed up' (some kind of memory cache equalising?) - there are still memory leaks issues that are being addressed so it would be best to wait just a bit longer for the official G3 - v1.6 patch (almost ready) which will really make G3 shine.

Back
Top Bottom