DA:O Differences between the Basic and Collector's Edition?

Dragon Age: Origins

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Just curious, what exactly did I get for my extra $15, besides this crappy cloth map? Wasn't there supposed to be a free DLC with the CE?

*Edit* Just to clarify, I've already redeemed my download of 'The Stone Prisoner', but wasn't there something else that was supposed to be included with the Collector's Edition?

Last edited:
Just curious, what exactly did I get for my extra $15, besides this crappy cloth map? Wasn't there supposed to be a free DLC with the CE?

*Edit* Just to clarify, I've already redeemed my download of 'The Stone Prisoner', but wasn't there something else that was supposed to be included with the Collector's Edition?

"crappy" cloth map and a tin case is all you are supposed to get in the CE version. (may be the a music cd) If you are in the UK not even that!

However if you order US (may be others) CE digital download you get Wardens keep for free ($7 otherwise i think) instead of the map and the tin case.

I am may be wrong though :)

I'm still trying to figure that out for the Digital version from Steam ... have the bonus ring for importing from the Character Creator, and one other thing ... but not sure where everything else it.

German CE according to Amazon Germany:

Spiel Dragon Age: Origins
Steel Book Spiele Box
Stoffkarte von Ferelden
Bonus DVD: .. Making Of Documentary .. Soundtrack .. Trailers .. Wallpapers .. Concept Art Video .. Strategie Tipps
Drei exklusive In-Game Items:
(1) Bergens Ehre / Bergen’s Honor (Erhöhung der Rüstung um 2, der körperlichen Widerstandskraft um 25, des Angriffswerts um 6)
(2) Das Letzte Mittel / Final Reason (Erhöhung des Schadens, der Zauberkraft und des Feuerschadens)
(3) Zauberbuch der Eiswüsten / Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes (Erhöhung der Attribute des Spielers um 3)
Freischaltbare Blutdrachen-Rüstung nutzbar in Dragon Age und Mass Effect 2

Quick and dirty (aka "dark & gritty" ;) ) translation:

- the game
- in a "steel box"
- cloth map
- Bonus DVD (look above)
- "Blood Dragon" armor which can be activated and used in Dragon Age and in Mass Effect 2 [??? translation error ?]

- 3 exclusive in-game items :

1. Bergen's Honour, effects : armor +2, withstanding body strength [dunno what this is in English) +25, attack +6
2. Final Reason, effects : damage, magic, fire damage all higher
3. Grimoire of the frozen wastes, effects : all attributes +3

Source : http://www.amazon.de/Dragon-Age-Ori..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1257341679&sr=8-2

Well, I am glad someone was able to get their premium content. I spent 45 mins trying to register my bonus codes and had zip to show for it. After looking at the boards it seems I wasn't the only one. THe registration servers were broke all day. They said they were fixed at 10:30 pm. I still couldn't register but the funny thing was I went to Ea's site and it said my game was already registered. Bull! I tried every way possible to enter those keys and got nothing. So far, I spent an extra 15 for nothing. I guarantee not one of those reviewers used that horrible broken system to register their bonuses. In game there is a button for downloadable content that you click on and it exits you from the game and takes you to a 'Beta Social" page that you have to try and figure out where you enter key codes. I only found the section cause I read the forum and found out it was in your profile. Very intuitive Bioware.I give this process a 3.5 out of 10.

Now, for the game. My mouswheel is broken and won't scroll up or down I can only page up or down. THe graphics aren't even up to Nwm 2 standards. Every character you meet leads at a cutscene so I guess thats what the 15 gig is for. However there are many, many Npc's that just stand around with no role only handing out a comment has you click on them. Supposedly this has been tested for Win 7 but I got the silly error message that this game might not have installed right. So far, I am not sure why this all took 5 yrs. I hope there is a game in here somewhere but I gotta admit I did more bug fixing than playing

Which means that too many people had bought the game ? Nice. ;)
Which might mean that the marketing approach was a full success - which on the other hand might mean that we'll see more of "this new shit" in the future ... ;)

For CE contains:

* Steel Box
* Bonus DVD including:
o A making of documentary
o Soundtrack
o Trailers
o Wallpaper
o Concept art video
o Strategy tips
* Cloth Map
* 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content(items):
o Bergens Honor
o Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
o Final Reason

As CE, Standard edition also get the codes to download items below:
stone prisoner
Blood armor

Warden keep is separate DLC (US $7) for both standard and CE, however certain digital CE also contains the DLC but of course these is more expensive.

I installed the CE without a hitch, however I found the process of opening an EA account cumbersome. Yes, I know it was merely providing a username and password, but there's something about using the EA account on the Bioware website that was confusing. On top of that, I couldn't get some of the free DLC that came with the CE to show as free after successfully entering the registration codes. The instructions on the cards are misleading. It would seem the easier way to do it is open an account, then redeem codes through the game itself.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll resolve the DLC issue soon enough, though it is frustrating there has been no word from Bioware about this in the posts I read.

The map is pretty lamentable, kinda smeared rubbery stuff on a piece of cloth - it's nothing near the quality of the NWN stuff - and for crissake it literally stinks!
Smelled up my whole office.

The CE that i picked up at Best Buy had that map, and :
-Stone prisoner
-Dragon blood armor / mass effect 2 armor thing
-3 items that you get depending on class you play:

Bergen’s Honor: A massive helmet made out of dragonbone (+2 to armor, +25 physical resistance, +6 to attack).
Grimoire of the Frozen Wates: A special book that adds +3 to all attributes when read.
Final Reason: A magical staff of immense power (adds to damage, spell power, and fire damage).

-

I can report that the Bonus code and DLC code issue has been resolved and is now working. I was able to get mine done today and actually play a quest or two. The game is getting better to me and I do like that you can set it to pause upon start of combat encounters. Just not wowed yet but I am still hopeful

The Bonus Disc is pretty lame as well. It just has the soundtrack in MP3 format, some wallpapers, and a folder titled VIDEO_TS with a bunch of video files that I can't open.

I put this in another thread, but just in case...

If you're having trouble redeeming your DLC codes keep trying them on the site, I'm on dial-up and they took after 3-4 times each last night when the site was slammed.

Then, and this is the part that got me, load up the game and click the Log In button in the bottom left of the screen (might be on the DLC screen only). Log into the BioWare social account you used to redeem yer codes with. Then it will connect and *should* automatically start downloading them for you. You can check it in the DLC menu inside the game. I had some of mine fail the downloading process but I think it was because of my slow connection or that it only lets it download one thing at a time. Either way if one fails it gives a Retry button at the botton on that same page (this is all in the game menus itself...not the social site).

The Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes gives you 3 points to spend on whatever attributes you like, not +3 to all. Plus 3 to all would be unbalancing.

How much free disk space does Dragon Age need?

It's taking about 16gb total on my pc. That's including all DLC and about 900mb of saves (that's about 9 saves). I'd say 17-18gb just to be safe (in case save sizes get lots bigger as the game goes on...mine are all relatively early in the game still).

Back
Top Bottom