Risen 2 Risen 2 - Best of Screenshots

... and finally a group photo of the entire cast and us sailing off into the sunset for some new adventures (hopefully soon!) :) ...

Attachments

• risen2_2012_05_14_04_25_36_577.jpg
    risen2_2012_05_14_04_25_36_577.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 44
  • risen2_2012_05_15_03_42_32_718.jpg
    risen2_2012_05_15_03_42_32_718.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 42
  • risen2_2012_05_15_03_54_37_838.jpg
    risen2_2012_05_15_03_54_37_838.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 42
I see you were very well stocked by the end. :)

I don't think I ever had more than 12 bottles of Rum at any point in the game.

I see you were very well stocked by the end. :)

I don't think I ever had more than 12 bottles of Rum at any point in the game.

Yes, I got the skill to make your own rum and grog. I didn't know in advance how long/hard the end game would be and so I took a safe > sorry approach. Looks like a slight case of overkill, eh? :)

Yes, I got the skill to make your own rum and grog.

Isn't that still limited by how much sugar you can obtain? I recall Booze being the only merchant who sold sugar, and he only had 10 in his inventory. I don't recall seeing sugar anywhere else in the game except for the quest that had you recovering 7 bags from the termite cave.

Isn't that still limited by how much sugar you can obtain? I recall Booze being the only merchant who sold sugar, and he only had 10 in his inventory. I don't recall seeing sugar anywhere else in the game except for the quest that had you recovering 7 bags from the termite cave.

Booze sells only 10 units at a time but you can buy infinite (well, or as long as your gold will last ;) ) amounts of sugar from him because the 10 units respawn immediately after you buy one stack of 10. You don't even need to exit the trade screen or reinitialize the dialogue. You just buy 10 - back - trade - buy 10 - back - trade - buy 10... and so on...

… and now we are slowly but surely turning onto the finishing lane in Maracai and the Island of the Dead which we saved for last…

attachment.php

I've never seen this event before, i'm guessing it only shows when you defeat Garcia in the Fire Temple? (i've only killed him in the village so far)

I've never seen this event before, i'm guessing it only shows when you defeat Garcia in the Fire Temple? (i've only killed him in the village so far)
Yes, the cutscene happens when you find Garcia in the temple. But I've never seen this one before too, as Mara on my machine doesn't speak German! ;)
Hopefully I'll make the same screenshot today so you can compare it. :D

@Moriender- Ah.. I never realized Booze's inventory respawns. Almost seems a little too easy then..

Am I the only one who thinks Mara looks like Helena Bonham Carter? :)

orig-5904941.jpg

@JDR: yes, now that u say it, she does lol

Yes, the cutscene happens when you find Garcia in the temple.
ah thx, i will fight Garcia in the temple on my next play-through :)

Here's Mara from my game :)

Alas one more thing. Since I'm replaying the game I've tried to blast the door in the temple with bombs and powder kegs… Couldn't make it. In my first run, I didn't open that "door" in the Temple of Fire… Actually I didn't know it's openable at all. And it is openable! And I thought there's nothing more in the game I still haven't found… Geez…

You just need to use the sceptre you looted from Garcia, I'm adding also a screenshots sequence - the rod can move objects and will press impossible button that's very high in the room.

Oh and not to mention that I've found two more suspicious things that might be bugs - I'll report them on the official site. Remember when players were not happy because if you spare the deserter, then Garcia, his men and all villagers go hostile on you? Yea, there are two more ways to make them all hostile. One is if you report to the shaman where is the secret passage - before you tell that to Corientes (Garcia). Another one is if you use Nuff Said skill in the third test given by village chief (defeat harmak). I guess I got lucky in my first run not stumbling on any of these "traps".

Attachments

• 2012-05-16_00031.jpg
    2012-05-16_00031.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012-05-16_00035.jpg
    2012-05-16_00035.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 2012-05-16_00036.jpg
    2012-05-16_00036.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2012-05-16_00038.jpg
    2012-05-16_00038.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yeah, you can do some cools things with the Thief's Hand scepter. I didn't know about that button though.. I might have to reload an old save just so I can do that. :)

I used it as an alternative way to get Wilson's Pistol on Antigua.

Yeah, you can do some cools things with the Thief's Hand scepter. I didn't know about that button though.. I might have to reload an old save just so I can do that. :)

I used it as an alternative way to get Wilson's Pistol on Antigua.
Good idea if you don't have a monkey!
And do reload, that dungeon's puzzles are different than others. You'll see.

Man, this game has so many different things to try, it's really a shame it's not a bit longer. :(

Ah, and you can spot tons of provisions and grog on me. I'm playing the second run with guns. It's twice easier than was playing with swords… Um… Ok, now with dodge added it shouldn't be easier perhaps, but those cave spiders I had a hard time to kill with swords, go down quickly with a musket.

Remember when players were not happy because if you spare the deserter, then Garcia, his men and all villagers go hostile on you?

I've read about this at the WoR forums as well and I wonder what those people were doing "wrong" or what I did "right". I saved Angus and never had to fight a single native.
It seems to depend on what you have done in the village before picking up the deserter quest. My personal habit is to finish each and every side quest when I enter a new region before advancing the plot because you never know if you might get locked out of a side quest by advancing the main quest too early.
For me the whole deserter quest worked almost as intended. I picked up the quest, went to Angus and chose the "come with me and we'll work something out on the way" option. The only bug I ran into was that I lost Angus on the way. He got stuck and I could not make him follow me anymore. So I basically abandoned the quest, wrapped up everything there was to do in the village and then went to the temple where the fight with Garcia took place.
Later on I went to Valdez and told him about Angus and then I went to Angus and he got teleported to the temple at the harbor which marked the successful completion of the deserter quest.
It's certainly a bit wonky but people claiming that you must fight the village if you want to save Angus are incorrect. The quest can be resolved peacefully.

...but those cave spiders I had a hard time to kill with swords, go down quickly with a musket.

Nothing beats Voodoo curses for high level enemies :) . I could kill cave spiders with two or three hits after cursing them. What's funny is that cursing also works in boss fights. The fight against Mara was a complete joke. I cursed her, and then just stood there and whacked her ten times while taking nearly zero damage myself -> Credits roll by.
And that was on 'hard' and I only had Blades at level 3. So I guess that if you play on easy or medium and have maxed out Blades and Voodoo you can probably one-hit her or something...
You'd think that after the criticism of the boss fight in Risen 1 they'd try a tiny little harder to come up with something more engaging but nope... well, maybe in Risen 3 ;) .

On normal, blades 10, maxed damage, I needed to hit her 4 times to win.
And no I didn't use curse doll. :)

Back
Top Bottom