Gothic 3 Uh...This is a joke, right? - Soundtrack CD

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
I just popped in my soundtrack CD for the first time and instead of autoplaying it brings up the explorer box for the disc drive and all I see are two files. One is a gigantic .bin file and the other is a tiny .cue file. I can't open either.

What..... the......heck?......:mad:

BTW: this was obviously in my PC's drive. I also tried playing it in a regular stereo. It recognizes ONE 57 minute track and plays it but no sound.

cue & bin? Sounds like they´ve copied an image file to the CD instead of decoding it and writing the result.

You've better install the game right now...I hope it is not "spoiled" :)

Yep, the making of DVD and the game both work fine. But this totally blows. I mean, how is a mistake like that even possible? Surely I didn't get the ONLY CD that was written like that. Are they going to recall the whole New Zealand cd pressings or what? ... that was rhetorical, I don't expect anyone to know that.

Still, any ideas on who I should complain to? (No, I'm not returning the whole package back to NZ)

I also got my CE from NZ yesterday. I just popped the CD in. It's a .bin/.cue file. Mounted it in Daemon Tools and it started playing in media player. Pretty amusing actually. Guess it makes this CE edition really unique. Guess I'll just burn it to a CDR the proper way...

Looks like somebody somewhere goofed!! :)

Whoa... Thanks Sepulchrave, I never would have thought of that! Sweet!..

@ Corwin: yeah, no kidding. Man, if every NZ edition is like that, somebody's going to have a mess on their hands.

I could and being an Aussie, probably should make some denigrating remark about our little sheep loving cousins, but that would be unfair, so I won't!! :biggrin:

Cool, you don´t even have to rip it. It´s already an image. :biggrin:

Okay, got it done and it sounds great. Kindof ironic that even the SOUNDTRACK follows suit with the rest of PB releases.... you have to work around the bugs and still end up loving it!

*laughs* Gorath has quite a talent seeing positive in negative :biggrin:.

btw piranhas should hire some gametesters when they plan to release the addon. I don't want them to end up becoming an other "Troika".

As mentioned I got the music working, but I don't have any official track list - I don't know the names to any of the songs, and I would guess other New Zealand purchasers have the same problem.

Would anyone be kind enough to post the listing of tracks on the soundtrack CD here so we can update our media files? Thanks! :D

The covers were released and I remember seeing it on the front page ... uh, ok , here!

Cool! Thanks for the link txa.

Speaking of the soundtrack CD: Anyone knows if it has been/ will be released
separately in English speaking territories ?

Oh I tried to extract the Music with Dragon Unpacker version 5. something
(as Gorath hinted :) ) but it cant parse the music.pak file (searched for .ogg .mp3
and then all audio formats) only another smaller file (cant remember the name atm)
with two small tracks was succesfully processed.

Anyone tried that ? Any luck ?

Speaking of the soundtrack CD: Anyone knows if it has been/ will be released
separately in English speaking territories ?

My understanding is 'no' - at least not in NA where Aspyr holds court.

Blast I'l have to order through Amazon.de then. It was a nuissance last time
I tried it (only german word I know is schwein oh and wurst :) ).
Thanks anyway.

Well I'l be waiting to play the game first ofcourse... If I am dissapointed by it
in the end I'll feel doubly the silly bastard If I give money for the Soundtrack
too ;) Good Music though. Especially some of the guitar and oriental pieces
solos. Reminds me of some of the oriental influences in my own country's folk
music... Like the Orchestral too ofcourse...

The sound track can definitely be extracted, you just didn´t find the right trick yet.

You can order though Rollenspielshop.de. They ship worldwide and accept PayPal. They have lots of Gothic stuff you can´t get anywhere else. Also look for Gothic 1 retail and the G2 CE material.

Great, I'll try that again (knowing that it is possible and I'm not wasting my time).

Well I already have G1 (English edition) G2 English, G2 Gold(with NOTR which
I played with the english speaking mod when that came out. Great work that
one if one of those guys lurks around here !) and G3 English ofcourse. So Im
Ok mostly :)

Paypal eh... Hmm never tried that I'll check it out. Thanks.

Well, I sent a little note to Gameplanet New Zealand about the faulty soundtrack CD and here's the reply I received today:

We have had official word from the local Gothic 3 supplier today about the faulty
soundtrack included with this collector's edition:

"It has come to our attention that the music cd in the collectors edition has not
been replicated properly. Every sound track disc has the files on them but they are
compacted into 1 image (file) that needs to be extracted and burned onto a new CD. The
printers are printing more sound track CD's and will courier them to me by early next
week.

We will send out replacement cds to you - we apologise for this inconvenience."

We will ship a replacement soundtrack to you as soon as they arrive. :)

Kind regards,

Rose
Customer Service
Gameplanet Store

So there you have it... every soundtrack CD in the CE from NZ was goofed. I wonder who picks up the bill for that? Deep Silver or JoWooD? Or it most likely was the fault of whatever company did the pressing.

Back
Top Bottom