Risen 2: Dark Waters - 80% Off on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Risen 2: Dark Waters is the next RPG to be sold for 80% off on Steam for the next thirty hours. I always find out about these sales a little late so I apologize.

Set several years after the end of Risen, raging titans have devastated the world and pushed humanity to the brink of existence. Subsequently, monstrous creatures have risen from the watery depths of the sea and their attacks have brought all seafaring to a grinding halt. The hero, now a member of the Inquisition, is sent out to find out how to stop the chaos caused by these creatures from the deep. His quest begins with rumors that the pirates who frequent the southern islands are the only ones who know a way to get rid of the creatures once and for all and end their reign of terror.

With an all-new pirate-based theme, Risen 2: Dark Waters aims to combine the most loved classic RPG gameplay mechanics of the original Risen with a fresh theme and setting on a huge variety of themed island locales. A third-person role-playing game set in a dark and gritty universe, Risen 2: Dark Waters maintains the most immersive features of the original Risen, with multiple approaches to every challenge allowing players to shape the game world based on their own decisions. These choices will serve to unlock new paths, features and additional skills for the character. Together with a highly interactive environment and a full day/night-cycle affecting countless aspects of the game world, Risen 2 will be set in the most immersive RPG game world so far.
They also offer a Risen collection for $7.99 on the same page.

Risen, Risen 2: Dark Waters, Risen 2: Dark Waters - A Pirate's Clothes DLC, Risen 2: Dark Waters - Treasure Isle DLC, Risen 2: Dark Waters - Air Temple DLC
More information.

it's actually 80% (3.99€) for me in Croatia. It's because risen 3 is available for preorder I think.

Thanks for the correction the game is 80% off on Steam now.:thumbsup:

There is also Risen 2 gold edition (all DLC) for $1 more if you don't want to purchase/already own Risen 1. Although personally Risen 1 is vastly superior to Risen 2 and not sure 2 is even worth playing unless your desperate for games.

Although personally Risen 1 is vastly superior to Risen 2 and not sure 2 is even worth playing unless your desperate for games.

Couldn't disagree more. Risen 2 is most definitely worth playing if you're a fan of Piranha Bytes' style and especially so if you like the setting.

Risen 2 is a must have game.
You don't have to like it, but you just have to try it. There is no midground, either you'll love almost every bit of it or you'll extremely hate it. How can you know unless you buy it?

There is no midground, either you'll love almost every bit of it or you'll extremely hate it.
For me there is midground. ;)

There is also Risen 2 gold edition (all DLC) for $1 more if you don't want to purchase/already own Risen 1. Although personally Risen 1 is vastly superior to Risen 2 and not sure 2 is even worth playing unless your desperate for games.

I think you have those numbers reversed. Risen 2 is vastly superior to Risen 1.

Well, I did a quick google search and found this answer to QTEs from the World of Risen Web site.
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1015054-The-Bug-Me-Thread-10-Your-Questions-Answered-by-Piranha-Bytes/page13?p=22468893#post22468893

We've reduced the amount of QTEs. We are aware that a lot of ppl not really like them and so we've changed this due to the response of QTE events in Risen 2.

So, probably no longer a Day 1 purchase at full price.

It's unbelievable how PBs seems to be going backwards in game design. This might be the one case where if they had just rested on their laurels, been lazy, and just pushed out new worlds and left the game design alone we might be sitting on a ton of classic games.

The only amount of acceptable QTEs is.... zero.

I'm no fan of QTEs either, but Risen 2 had very few to begin with. There were probably less than 10 in the entire game from what I can recall. If that number is even less in Risen 3 then it's a non-issue.

I never thought I'd consider myself the accepting kind and other people the cranky ones ;)

A few QTEs in what's likely to be a highly immersive and detailed world? Oh, the horror!

If you insist on winning every battle in the war, you'll end up losing peace.

I never thought I'd consider myself the accepting kind and other people the cranky ones ;)

A few QTEs in what's likely to be a highly immersive and detailed world? Oh, the horror!

If you insist on winning every battle in the war, you'll end up losing peace.

I don't have a problem with the QTE's at all. I actually played quite a bit of indiego prophecies, which is pretty much all QTE's.

I'm with you Dart on the crankiness. I've actually started posting less because it seems every thread is negative ( hope it's just my perception) no QTE's, too many respawns, fonts to small, too much action, too much combat, game cost to much, no DLc it's cut content, blah, blah, blah.

Personally I feel gaming is better now that its ever been yet many still complain. Maybe I should just read less and spend more time playing all the great games.

I don't know maybe I'm just cranky myself but it's really starting to wear on me.

Sorry for the off topic bit, I'm looking forward to risen 3.

My only problem with Risen 2 is the undetectable "one hit kills" traps in some areas, at least in Risen 1 was possible to detect them if the player is paying attention and avoid/disarm them...

The only amount of acceptable QTEs is…. zero.
I agree

My only problem with Risen 2 is the undetectable "one hit kills" traps in some areas, at least in Risen 1 was possible to detect them if the player is paying attention and avoid/disarm them…

I liked them because they kept you on your toes. Yes, they were instant death and impossible to detect, but you knew every time you entered a temple, that you better keep a finger on the spacebar at all times because of the traps.

I liked them because they kept you on your toes. Yes, they were instant death and impossible to detect, but you knew every time you entered a temple, that you better keep a finger on the spacebar at all times because of the traps.
I'm OK with the idea of traps in ruins where the player is normally more cautious but not in the middle of the jungle

I'm OK with the idea of traps in ruins where the player is normally more cautious but not in the middle of the jungle

I forgot about those one hit traps in the jungle - yeah they were a bit unfair. IIRC there was one by a temple that was sort of detectable, but I think, by then there was no more to test out my theory of detection.

If I recall, there was only one or two traps in the jungle. Most of them were in temples. You were also warned about traps before heading into the jungle IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom