The Goldin Flyer

ZenMarx

Traveler
Hi all,

I have recently downloaded the Gamersgate 1.1 English version of the Precursors. I have previously played the Russian version with an early version of the Unofficial translation patch.

I've noticed since playing the GG version, that the Flyer on Goldin is never useable. When you approach it on the landing pad, it doesn't give me an option to enter the flyer, nor does it give me an option to pick the lock.

Is this a change in the 1.1 patch, because I remember being able to pilot the flyer almost from the beginning of the game on the russian version...

Is this a change in the 1.1 patch, because I remember being able to pilot the flyer almost from the beginning of the game on the russian version…

Yes, this is a fix of the 1.1 patch that prevents this exploit that would allow you to get to places you shouldn't. See the other thread about this here.

Hm, kinda strange IMO. Goldin is such a big map that it kinda warrants a flying vehicle I think. I wonder why they didn't just create invisible barriers around the goldin Map?

Anyway, I guess it's probably a good thing. Being forced to drive around Goldin, rather than fly means I see more wierd stuff on the ground, and level up a bit quicker.

Hm, kinda strange IMO. Goldin is such a big map that it kinda warrants a flying vehicle I think. I wonder why they didn't just create invisible barriers around the goldin Map?

I used this flyer to check out the prison from above because I knew from usused icons that it was planned to have a second spaceport there. Of course this wasn't the case. Also you can land in empty Tamerheim sections.

Back
Top Bottom