Sid Meier’s Starships - A New Turn-based Strategy Game

Civ 5 and Beyond Earth are both complex PC games, whether we like them or not.

If this is about wanting Firaxis to focus exclusively on what WE want, then I can't see that as a reasonable position.

They want to make money - and they're serving multiple platforms. Civ Revolution was a tablet game, and that didn't stop them from making PC games.

Hard to blame them, really.

That said, it's been ages since I was really taken with a Sid Meier game. Not sure that's really happened since Civ 2, and that was only inspired by Sid's work.

I found Alpha Centauri decent, but ultimately not that great and very overrated. Civ 3 was too streamlined. Civ 4 was clunky and finnicky as hell. Civ 5 was decent only with expansions. BE is boring and derivative.

X-Com was pretty good, but I still prefer the original.

All the other crap like the new Colonization and Pirates! haven't been worth my time at all.

So, it's not a big loss in any case.

Does this make Joxer right in his rants? :(
No idea. Can't recall him going on about Sid Meier. Sid Meier's been making games for over 30 years, most of them very complex. If he wants to make a more light weight tablet game to expand the Civilization: Beyond Earth universe, he's more than entitled to do so as far as I'm concerned. :)

I see no problem with Sid's next game as it reminds me of Stadock's Galactic Civilizations games, and a few other games of this type I have played before.

Sid Meier posted a new video about how you build starships.

Sid Meier and Pete Murray customize their Starships fleet and head into battle. Later in the stream, Sid answers questions from the Twitch chat!

Last edited:
I want new Pirates game, not this.

LOL
Somehow, wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds about like what I expected it to be. A light "introduction" to turn-based gameplay.

Not for me, as I was introduced to that 30 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom