Skyrim - Heartfire DLC Available Now

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We just recieved word that the Heartfire DLC for Skyrim is now available. Here is the official blurb:
We’re pleased to announce Hearthfire™, the next official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® , is now available worldwide for download for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® .
Hearthfire allows you to purchase land and build your own home from the ground up - from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with armory, alchemy laboratory, and more. Choose your land, customize your house, guard it from unwanted visitors, and turn your house into a home by adopting children. For more information on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or Hearthfire please visit www.elderscrolls.com.
More information.

WTF? Does this sound fun to anyone?

I would like to see new quests, new lands or expansion on the civil war topic but this sounds like the sins or something.

Maybe it will lead to some interesting mods.

What's next the makeover mod?

As a cousin to two 20-something female Skyrim addicts, I can tell you that this mod has them both extremely excited. They love all the decorating options and have tons of outfits for their characters. What we pc players overlook is that Xbox and PS3 users don't have hundreds of mods to play with. This DLC is mostly for console players.

However, this potentially gives modders a more extensive set of options when building new structures, which will be good for us pc-types.

Yep, I'm interested to see how the radiant quests related to your home work out, such as the one where NPCs living in your house might get kidnapped.

For modding I'm guessing it's going to be a lot easier to make buildings that change over time. Previously you had to do some complicated stuff with linked references. And finally a couple of new crafting stations, which is great! Previously you had lots of mods where people were forced to craft things at the forge or tanning rack that have nothing to do with metalworking or tanning hides.

It's just a small mod to make a quick buck and I can't fault them for that. I was disgusted when the rumors popped up but they confirmed there working on a larger dlc also.:)

I'd be pissed if it was $20, but at $5, well I spend that much on a Mickey D's run.

This is my favorite DLC yet.

I have no interest in it at all so I don't have to wait for it and it gets rid of the xbox exclusivity.

I wonder if they purposely did a small quick DLC after the flak they took for the xbox exclusivity.

SIM's Medieval has something with decorating, too.

Just because men don't like to decorate houses it doesn't mean it wouldn't affect all players, because women are most certainly part of *any* player base - both women who like to decorate houses and women who don't.

An common almost-proverb of women goes like that, if women weren't there to make things look nice and warm to live in, men would probably still live inside of caves and wear fur.

One comic of Hägar The Horrible shows his wife, Helga, looking at a group of swine clearly enjoying lots of mud - and her being remided of men like Hägar … (Of whom she could tell what he had been eating the last few weeks because remants of it were still in his beard …)

Sims Medieval is a great game actually - not only they've minimized decorations and turned the game into questsolving process, they've also removed annoying visiting the toilet every 10 minutes. So in a way, if you're into decorations and you don't need a questdriven game but a game where quests are completely optional, you should avoid Sims Medieval and play Sims 3. ;)

I'm actually a big fan of housing in games. I like sandbox games that allow me.to create my own story in my head for.my character, and housing helps.

Drakensang gave you a nice house. Dragon Age gave you one in a crappy DLC. You cleared the house like a dungeon, then you were never allowed to enter it again. They just dropped a group-vault chest outside. Very disappointing. Oblivion let you buy houses. Think I bought one just to see what they were like. Mostly, I'd find a place I liked, stalk the owner and kill him for his keys.

For $5, I'll buy this DLC.

This is such as awesome DLC way more interested in it than overpriced Dawnguard. And even better with this DLC as a base modders will be able to go crazy with much more complex house mods.

Sounds fairly interesting to me, too. $5 seems a bit too expensive percentage wise but that's no biggy at this price. It's not like I'm planning to buy in bulk.

there's already a ton of Skyrim DLC for XBox. This is only the second one they've advertised.

I like complicated housing and crafting too. I'm certainly getting this when it comes out.

The only real interest I have in DLC like this is how they can serve as a modders resource. I'm looking forward to what it can do for Tundra Defense/RTS type mods.

Hmm, I wonder when we'll get a DLC that adds actual role-playing value to the game? I'm keen to try building a mage, but only when some more genuine content becomes available.

I can certainly see the attraction in this to the simulationists though.

Simulationists? It is doubtful this game has the dimension to fit for simulation games.

This DLC might have role playing value, actually...

Perhaps you misunderstand what I mean by a simulationist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNS_Theory

This DLC will obviously appeal to the simulationists who enjoy the more LARP oriented aspects of playing a character in Skryim.

Also, coming from someone who claimed in a rather verbose and semantic thread that Skryim has no role-playing at all, your second sentence is very strange indeed. Maybe you just enjoy playing the contrarian? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom