NWN2 Lead game designer change.

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
There is a good game in here but rushed/unfinished/unpoilsihed certianly comes to mind, not to mention the frustration of AI, bugs and broken quests.

I recall the change in Lead Designer was very near the end, is it possible he left becasue they wouldn't let him finish it and needed to rush it out for Atari's bank account?
Seems very similar to what JoWood did to G3, if so.

It's as if the game is 85% finished, afaik there sure doesn't seem like anything the new Lead could have done other than trying to finish it up, certianly you can't gp in and do redesigns 3-6 months berfore release.

Anyway was just wondering. :)

I recall Chris Avellone I think it was quitting because he had to move to another state with his family or something, but I don't think he was lead designer.

I feel the game is as complete as games come these days. Can't recall a better RPG the last few years, the last one that had a feeling of being more completed was probably Gothic 1, and that's five years ago.

Also, if I recall correctly, the portion of the game he was working on was done - it is really the producer carrying it through the stages at that point.

Back
Top Bottom