Dark Souls II - More Video Interviews

Leveling is a little bit faster for the early levels, but its more steady than dks1. That's probably because there's way more to kill. If you're into co-op you'll gain levels super fast.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by game balance….

I was asking if the faster leveling feels natural, fun and lets you organically build your char. I guess the answer was yes ;)

The exploration and environment is fantastic. You'll be thinking alright, don't worry about that. The world is massive and there's so many locked doors! It's an amazing game for exploring and they even have an explorer class. It's very atmospheric so don't worry about any lack of immersion. You'll feel this game! The sense of reward has never been stronger in a souls game and that's at least partly due to how much harder it is. I'm a souls veteran. I've won the game with a level 1 darkwraith. Well, I've already died 111 times, it tells me! :D Just you wait! It's got some surprises in store for you. You'll be wanting to go online and summon some friends some some of these fights. You really do want to be online. Some areas don't seem to make a lot of sense until you get invaded in them and then you see why they put those holes in the ground. :)

Great stuff. Yeah that is my main one concern (exploration/overall world design). Thanks for sharing :) Very cool that it tells you how many times you died now. Would have liked to know that for #1 :D

P.S. Nah I'll still pass at online and pvp, just not my thing… :)

Last edited:
P.S. Nah I'll still pass at online and pvp, just not my thing… :)

Don't judge its online based on whatever games from the past put you off online. Give it a try! You can't really be sure if its not your thing until you've tried it. :)

If you're afraid of PVP join the way of the blue and let the blue sentinels do your PVP for you.

If there's one thing better than a victory its a victory shared!

It's not necessarily a bad thing I'm just finding it hard to stay in a thief role but I don't think the game was really designed for you to pick a class and stick to it.

Maybe give O&S a try with shadow armor and a bandit knife and you might see what I mean but maybe not.:)

Thanks, I'll pass ;)

I've never done a Dex build and I usually not play nippy characters (tanks or spellcasters suit me more). I suspect it also needs a more skilled player than me to pull off on a first play-through(*). As I was saying the other day (when discussing the Archers) I do believe that thief sounds tough for some of the challenges on the game particularly on first play-through. I am saying that because for some builds knowing how the game is constructed and at what areas you can find what kind of materials or challenge make the options open to that character more obvious. i.e Sorcerer as I have often said.

I did my first run at over 70 hours while missing a whole bunch of stuff (so it should have been more like 80. Never used a wiki or guide and just had a few hints from here and there that I retained in memory before actually starting the game). The second one with the sorcerer and armed with foreknowledge was a breeze (50 hours and that while fooling around getting most of the content done and so on and so forth. Not particularly impressive actually as there are indeed people doing it in far less, naked).

What I am driving at here is that there seems indeed that the game is geared towards some builds more than others (I believe Knights clerics and Sorcerer rarely have to make concessions outside their class) and certainly for a first run. But player experience and foreknowledge should allow anyone to make a build to suit his character concept and play style as much as he wants.

(* Not particularly good on action games I have to admit. Only played and loved a handful. Constantly having to roll around and dodge gives me a headache after a while so thief is rarely a good match for me outside the actual Thief games that I love ;) )

Don't judge its online based on whatever games from the past put you off online. Give it a try! You can't really be sure if its not your thing until you've tried it. :)

If you're afraid of PVP join the way of the blue and let the blue sentinels do your PVP for you.

If there's one thing better than a victory its a victory shared!

Will think about it but for me gaming is a solitary experience.

Just don't want people butting in and having any sort of effect on my experience ;)
I'm in it for the exploration, discovery, atmosphere and the great design :)
(And fun combat ofcourse, but I am really not that hot on the action gameplay generally speaking. I can honestly say that from the handful of Action RPGs I like, I love the gameplay only on the Gothics and Dark souls. So competitive play does nothing for me… )

Back
Top Bottom