Dragon Age - Return to Ostagar on Jan 5th

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has announced the next Dragon Age DLC, Return to Ostagar, will launch on January 5th. You'll need to replay the first parts of the game to access the content, so it will be interesting to see how popular this is:
"Return to Ostagar" Downloadable Content for Dragon Age: Origins Coming January 5

“RETURN TO OSTAGAR” DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS COMING JANUARY 5

DLC Provides Players Opportunity to Return to Site of the Grey Wardens’ Darkest Hour in BioWare’s Award-Winning Epic RPG Fantasy

EDMONTON, ALBERTA – December 29, 2009 – Leading video game developer BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), announced today that the Return to Ostagar downloadable content (DLC) for Dragon Age™: Origins will be released on January 5 in North America and Europe for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PC versions of the game at a cost of 400 BioWare Points or Microsoft Points. The DLC will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system later in January. Return to Ostagar allows players to exact their revenge and embark on a quest for the mighty arms and armor of the once great King Cailan when they revisit Ostagar, the site of the Grey Wardens’ darkest hour, to reclaim the honor and learn the secrets of Ferelden’s fallen king.

“We are thrilled at the way the fans have embraced Dragon Age: Origins and we’re excited to welcome them back into the game,” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager and Vice President, BioWare Edmonton. “Return to Ostagar represents BioWare’s commitment to providing a steady stream of compelling post release content as we continue to expand the Dragon Age universe.”

Return to Ostagar summons players to a new quest in which they will return to the fateful battleground in Ostagar where the Grey Wardens were nearly wiped out. Players will discover King Cailan’s top-secret political agenda and go behind enemy lines to revisit a place that many feared had been lost to history.

Return to Ostagar will be available for 400 BioWare Points on the PC and 400 Microsoft Points on the Xbox 360 on January 5. It will be available for $4.99 on the PlayStation® Store later in the month. Dragon Age: Origins is rated M by the ESRB and 18+ by PEGI.

For more information on Dragon Age: Origins, please visit www.dragonage.com.​
More information.

I think you get a final save that allows you to access DLC. Or you could reload a pre-endgame save.

Or if you're me, you have two game going that are in the mid-game anyway :)

But I'll have to find time to play it between Tropico 3, L4D, L4D2, and The Orange Box. Thankyou, Steam Holiday Sale!

It all sounds good, until it turns out it really is around 2 hours in lenght (as I saw it was mentioned by the developers on the DA forums), maybe even less

I was somewhat looking forward to the DLC in DAO. Fully enjoyed the game (on my third play through) but ... have to admit a little dissapointed in the DLC.

First I dislike how they display it in the journal (under a tab "Premium Content" which is frankly not very in-game. Would it have been so very hard to just have the text read "Wardens Keep" and "Shale"? Or even something as simple as "Side Quests"?).

Second wasn't keen on the Levy in the camp hanging out. Our camps was welll .. our camp. Get rid of the salespeople.

Lastly - I know these don't cost much, but talk about short. You can run through Shale in about 30 mins. WK in 30-60 minutes.

2 hours for Ostagar I suppose is a step in the right direction but would prefer to see some DLC that was closer to 3-5 hours. Something to spend an afternoon or a couple evenings on.

Ah well still a good game but probably have to wait until DAO2 or something before there is any more substance to play.

Agreed with the "Premium Content" tab needlessly breaking the fourth wall.
In regards to in-game advertising, this practice is absolute disgrace and needs to desist fast.

Return to Ostagar allows players to exact their revenge and embark on a quest for the mighty arms and armor of the once great King Cailan when they revisit Ostagar, the site of the Grey Wardens’ darkest hour, to reclaim the honor and learn the secrets of Ferelden’s fallen king.
So the DLC gives you an opportunity to rob the dead instead of, you know, actually doing your job as a Warden? Is there a limit to how dark, gritty and mature DA can get?

Lastly - I know these don't cost much, but talk about short. You can run through Shale in about 30 mins. WK in 30-60 minutes.

Shale provides a lot more than 30 minutes. Did you do her personal quest also? Getting Shale from that villlage, and then doing her quest in the Deep Roads, is at least around 2 hours combined.

Yeah, Shale is not someting you can measure like that. You could argue that Shale is 60 hours of content, or 30 minutes.

I would like to see something a bit more substantial than this, though. Something like Point Lookout would be nice. That was a good value DLC.

Considering that both areas that come along with Shale - the Village and the place in the deep roads, are pretty short and straightforward (and not too hard to find) they can be clocked to around 30, maybe 45 minutes each. Which is not something really substantial. However, since they come, more or less, as a bonus to the character itself, it would not be fair to comment on how long the DLC's are solely on this particular one.

On the other hand, the other DLC, Warden's Keep is too damned short for it's money. I believe I did it in under 2 hours, and my party was fairly low level at the time. That's why I said it would be a crime if Bio continue the trend with the next one.

$5 for this ... not too terrible, but it sort of pushes the edge since we are in the midst of such a great Steam sale ...

Yeah, the relative gaming value of $5 has changed in the last week or so. Maybe I should wait until a whole bunch of DLCs are out do a fresh playthrough with all of them installed...

Back
Top Bottom