Gothic 3 Problems with clipping

lanux128

Sentinel
hi there,

i'm currently playing Gothic3 with the patch 1.12 already applied before starting a new game. however while clearing out the cave in reddock, there are some serious clipping problems. The lizards and mine-crawler get stuck in the wall sometimes and i am unable to hurt them and vice-versa. how can i avoid this problem? :)

I have several smart answers on the tip of tongue, but all I'll suggest is check out our tech threads for G3, where all these issues have been dealt with in great detail.

Corwin said:
I have several smart answers on the tip of tongue, but all I'll suggest is check out our tech threads for G3, where all these issues have been dealt with in great detail.
i posted after searching.. some links would be helpful.. ;)

I don't think this problem can be really avoided, lanux128. I think those bugs can only get removed by the developper with a large patch -> Since PB is removed from Gothic 3 by Jowood, this patch will most likely never come. My best tip is the oldest in pc gaming: multiple save points!
As for the tweaking, look here

Yep, and those weren't the only ones that had clipping problems. The "shy deer" in the hunter quest would run into the hill side and end up inside of the hill if you weren't careful. There were a few others as well, but I don't recall any others than the "shy deer" off hand, and in my case I had a shy deer that was stuck partially in the hillside, perpetually running after I had killed it IIRC.

Some of those sorts of things were part of what the uber patch should have fixed IIRC.

thanks for the replies, will the community patch be useful in this case? i've had clipping issues in the previous Gothic series but not this bad.. yes, multiple save slots is a big help but the inability to name them is also troublesome..

The community mod team could easily fix clipping problems if they had the right tools. They probably don´t have them though.
The next patch will include almost everything which could be fixed quickly. 100+ small issues removed is better than nothing. ;)

yeah i remember in my 2nd playthrough, a very long time ago, that i couldn't find the last shy deer. i found him way late in the game and he was over by faring? the city/orc headquarters guarding the main route into nordmar.
honestly the only problems being fixed that would make me want to play it a third time is if they fix all the skills. especially the poison skills. for if i am to try out the path of beliar and become an hashishin i surely need some poison!

this next patch you mention Gorath, is this the one from community patch? if so, where can i get it? :)

sorry, already found it.. :blush:

I've never been able to get this game running in a satisfactory manner on my current computer. I'm holding onto it to play when I get my new computer this fall so I can enjoy it the way it was meant to be played. Plus there will hopefully be another patch out by then.

yeah i remember in my 2nd playthrough, a very long time ago, that i couldn't find the last shy deer. i found him way late in the game and he was over by faring? the city/orc headquarters guarding the main route into nordmar.
honestly the only problems being fixed that would make me want to play it a third time is if they fix all the skills. especially the poison skills. for if i am to try out the path of beliar and become an hashishin i surely need some poison!

The poison perk is fixed in the new community patch.And the master thief aswell all perks should work now.

all perks should work now.

Well, we need to use the loose definition of "work" though :) . I don't know about the latest two, Master Thief and Poisoning, but the previous perks were only fixed in the sense that you can learn them now, i.e. you can choose the dialogue options that trigger the learning of the perks but tests have shown that "Heavy Armor" doesn't seem to do anything. You get no increase in your armor stats and people have reported that they didn't notice a difference in combat either so it's really only a dialogue fix, not a real perk fix unfortunately.

also, from what i understand, to have the maximum results from the community patch, it's best to start a new game if the events involved in the fix has already been triggered while playing the game.. :)

while in Varant, i've come across a new "feature". i entered a cave where there were two ogres & they can't move! so i just took them out with my bows and arrows.. somehow, i gained the power to freeze monsters.. :)

Yeah, but in other places you'll come across beasties who can walk thru walls to get to you!! :)

same here too.. happened in Gotha where those undead zombies from the cave appeared from underground to whip my ass! talk of show-stoppers in a game.. :)

if there is a poll about the single most frustrating thing with Gothic3, then this clipping thingy would win hands down.. ;)

in Braga, Diego got stuck between the bench & the wall.. check out the screen-shot.. :)

g3ss0107smallkb6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom