Dragon Age: Inquisition - Dorian The Redeemer

aries100

SasqWatch
Bioware have updated their character profile page with info on Dorian. Here's a quote about Dorian:

Being from a proud bloodline of the Tevinter Imperium has its advantages: Dorian was born with a flair for magic that made him the envy of his peers. He is charming and confident, his wit as sharp as any blade, and if some suggest his manner cocky, it could be attributed to being a powerful mage in a land where mages rule. Indeed, Dorian would be the pride of his family-if he didn't oppose everything his homeland has come to stand for.
Here's a thread at the DA:I's forums in which the character Dorian - The Redeemer is discussed.

More information.

Next - John The Revelator ?

Next - John The Revelator ?

The last companion to reveal is called Solas.

And the nicknames aren't religious, except maybe in the case of Cassandra.

Iron Bull - The Muscle
Varric - The Storyteller
Dorian- The Redeemer
Cole - The Spirit (as in spirit of the Fade)
Blackwall - The Resolve
Vivienne - The Ambition
Sera - The Wildcard
Cassandra - The Believer

Cole is confirmed NPC? Great, I totally love having mysterious spirit murderer around.

Cole is an optional companion, yes, and some companions don't like him (Sera even refuse to talk to 'it').

If the link didn't lead to Bioware's own DA site, I would never have believed that the pictures were legit. I actually burst out laughing when I saw them, as I though it must've been a hoax. Only to find out, that this actually is Bioware's idea of next gen.

dorian.jpg

Just look at that hair and the facepalm worthy mustache on that guy! It looks like it was badly drawn over the image by a 5-year-old with Windoze Paint. Not only is he terribad technically, but in addition the character looks utterly ridiculous and clumsy. Bioware, you're either trying too hard or not trying hard enough, I don't know which one it is. *thumbs down*

Little did I know, that Dorian wasn't the worst offender. Take a gander at this generic mage from DA:I (below) and tell me this game can be taken seriously. WTF!! Bio, you've actually reached a new low. Gratz!

Dragon-Age-mage.jpg

And then there are those quotes from the companions, like e.g. Sera's, "Bad things should happen to bad people. We find someone not so bad, maybe he'll end up not so dead." I mean, c'mon! Is this the best that your professional, lauded by some, writing team(s) can come up with?! Sheesh, not only is this being designed by teenagers, it's being written by them also. :wall:

DA:I just dropped completely off my radar. Don't know why I expected more of it. Lesson learned.

How about a game of Monty Python: Inquisition, instead?
178678.jpg

We were laughing at BioWare's inept attempts at memes not so long ago.

One more pic:

radxm1.png

And from EA's perspective a boost sales point: he's gay. Not bi, so if you're playing a whoring hero, in order to get this one into bed, you have to play as male.
I wonder if they've added a collectable TheWitcherlike card or you get only an achievement on Origin.

In any case, expect moustache DLC, only 240 Bioware Points.

And from EA's perspective a boost sales point: he's gay. Not bi, so if you're playing a whoring hero, in order to get this one into bed, you have to play as male.

Not played any of the dragon age games yet. Are you able to get to bed with NPCs or companions through dialog? What is the age rating on these things?

I also agree with Grue, this guy looks like a reject from Saints Row character maker!

I'm looking forward to the game, but that THING will not be a part of my adventures in thedas.

As grue said, some reject from saints row. looks so fabulously un-lore friendly.

Dont know much about the character yet, but if there is a kaidan/ashley choice I have a good candidate to drop without remorse :biggrin:

C

Not played any of the dragon age games yet. Are you able to get to bed with NPCs or companions through dialog? What is the age rating on these things?

I also agree with Grue, this guy looks like a reject from Saints Row character maker!

Dunno if it's a proper bed you use, but in DA:O, yea, you can have sex.

Also dunno about Saints Row, never played that game (nor would to be honest), but am sure it didn't have fanart before it was released and especially not of this quality:

dorian_pavus_by_olivegbg-d7obecc.jpg

http://mrsscroll.deviantart.com/#/art/Dorian-Pavus-464105820?hf=1

And found a pic of him without moustache.
That'll be another DLC worth 240 Bioware Points I guess…
tumblr_n7ska4fLRK1slf1vko1_1280.jpg

All DA games had/have M rating in NA and PEGI 16 in Europe. The romances are the same thing BioWare has been doing since BG2, beside the "sex scene" not being fade to black since DAO. It's underwears/clothing and awkward touching instead.

Losing interest in this game again… What was I thinking? That guy look hideous with/out moustache.

The writing of Dorian's quote indeed is terrible. That's elementary school level.

The visuals on the other hand… I like it. I mean, I've hated this guy as soon as I first saw him. An unsympathetic and greasy bastard. But if a portrait can inflict these kinds of feelings instantly, it's well done imho.

5am up hours before work.... and this thread has talked me into playing a little D:OS before I have to go.

Back
Top Bottom