New Dawn - FAQ @ Official Site

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thanks to Lead Designer Paul Sasko for letting us know Undead Society has added a detailed FAQ about their party-based post-apoc RPG New Dawn to the site. Questions were gathered from the media and this thread - here's a sample:
How big is the world of the game?

The world is divided into locations of up to 15 square km (5.8 mi?) each. Many types of surfaces, plants and animals which are going to featured in the game require such vast areas.

How are you going to combine fantasy and the postapocalyptic vision?

The game shows quite a special world after a great disaster. Human kind declined so tragically that superstitions and new religions took over people's minds. Evolution caused different populations to adapt to new conditions. Accordingly, there appeared some elements that resemble fantasy to a casual gamer. However, their existence is justified and well documented. The plot will explain many of the questions a player will dare to ask when playing the New Dawn.
More information.

My first concern, as with many low budget European games, is the quality of the English translation. Nothing ruins a game for me like fractured English. Since this game sounds interesting, I hope they make the effort to get a native speaker to proofread the work!!

My concern is BUGS.

Looking forward to seeing some screenshots.

Was just about to say the same myself. Even though I'm not a native speaker of English, nothing ruins a game more for me than poor translation.

Maybe it is all the crappy translations on Japanese PSP RPG's or the number of small-shop European RPG's, but I'm ok with lousy translations now ... even some bugs I can forgive, it is when the translation is too bad, the bugs are game killing, and the product itself isn't compelling that I really have issues.

You're just too hard to please Mike!! :)

Back
Top Bottom