A Farewell to Dragons [RPG]

So how open is the game? How big are the maps? Are there alot of area transitions and map travel? What was that arrow in the vid?

I have only seen two maps....the first one was pretty big the second seems huge. Just got a fire arm cool...the arrow is a helper for where to go for your main quest...doesn't really bother me...

So far only one transition. Seems to be an interesting story.

I`m seriously thinking about buying that game..... Anyone has any further comments onn that game..... Is it worth it ??? Or should I buy planet Alcatraz ???

Right now they have a calendar with games from 1c at gamersgate..... though "A Farewell to dragon" hasn`t appeared there yet..... Hopefully it will......

I don't want to preempt anything but our reviewer has mixed impressions, as I understand it. Not having played it personally - and without presuming the outcome of the article - I'd do more research unless the deal is outstanding.

Find the Dagger Quest

I love this game but I am stuck on the Find the Dagger Quests… I keep trying to talk to Emma at the Raven Camp but she will not respond. Is there anything else I need to do? HELP!

I love this game but I am stuck on the Find the Dagger Quests… I keep trying to talk to Emma at the Raven Camp but she will not respond. Is there anything else I need to do? HELP!

Spoiler follows
Have you talked to the camp leader? Sometimes quests are not seamless in this game and require do-overs because some small step has been lost in translation and you've missed doing it. My experience was that Emma responded a few times to my questions, then shut up. I had to attack and kill her to get the dagger (because her answers supposedly reveal that she was a criminal who murdered the original owner.) There may be other ways, but after several reloads, this one worked the best. Once you have it, return it to the guard.
Yes, as Dhruin says, my feelings are mixed about this game, and I hope to have a review ready after the holidays where I'll try to explain my love/hate relationship with it for everyone.

I`m seriously thinking about buying that game….. Anyone has any further comments onn that game….. Is it worth it ??? Or should I buy planet Alcatraz ???

Right now they have a calendar with games from 1c at gamersgate….. though "A Farewell to dragon" hasn`t appeared there yet….. Hopefully it will……
Steam has it for $14.99 right now along with a bunch of other good deals, unfortunately nothing for Risen or Dragon Age Origins though…

The deals are through January 3rd, 2010 I think…

I haven't seen anything and wouldn't count on it. This game doesn't appear to be getting much post-release love from the publisher or the devs. But you never know.

IMO $15 for this sort of game isn't *too* bad, I would have been happier had I paid that much rather than the $30 I did pay. Just started again today, there is good and bad in there as mentioned. Sadly then I also started replaying Deus Ex and Dragon Age ...

I haven't seen anything and wouldn't count on it. This game doesn't appear to be getting much post-release love from the publisher or the devs. But you never know.
Probably best way to find out would be to ask some Russians/Ukrainians whats going on with the game.

Is it really worth $15? I'm thinking about picking up even if it is a POS just to see what a Russian RPG turned out like... (Finally picked up Clear Sky over the weekend too, but just not liking it nearly as much as SoC... too many changes for the worse, along with a very few good ones.)

Ok tough question...how do you climb stairs in the houses?

AFAIK, you can't. They seem to be just decoration. If anyone has managed to get into a second floor anywhere, though, please let us all know.

It's just decoration. I didn't play too much of it, but from the little I played I was never able to get upstairs.

This actually kills the game for me...

Speaking of Russian developers, have you played King's Bounty yet? It's a strategy/RPG hybrid, and an excellent game all around.
No. I know what it is, and I did pick up King's Bounty Armored Princess off of Steam last night. Played a little bit. It seems nice, but I suspect that I will be glad to have gotten it for $10 rather than $40...

Had been thinking about the HoMMV pack, but if KB is supposed to play the same way I'm thinking that I'll pass on it.

I'm now hoping that A Farewell to Dragons pops up on one of the 24h deals. I wonder why Steam doesn't have Planet Alcatraz though...

Back
Top Bottom