I seek movies with flying combat

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
I'd like to ask for a few hints of movies containing a good quantity of flying combat, airplanes or starships. Examples include Star Wars or Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. The quality of the story doesn't matter at all but modern special fx and intense prolonged action scenes are a plus no matter how extreme or silly.

So this is how crap movies get more than 1 star on imdb... :)
Can't help you with stupid movies, sorry I just can't be arsed to watch them.

For a cinema movie that count with great story and great air/space battle I can suggest Serenity. You don't have to watch a dozen of TV episodes before watching this one.

For a TV movie with not so great story if you watch it without seeing all 4 seasons of the series first is two parts movie Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars. In this case I really suggest watching series first.

For an animated movie with a good although cliche story Titan A.E. comes in mind.

The original Battle of Britain is more or less 2 hours of spectacular dogfights in original WW2 planes. A true classic.

Look out for George Lucas' coming movie called "Red Tails".

And look out for a Sci-Fi movie from the Finnish studio, called Iron Sky.

And I don't know your likings, but Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children do have its battles in the air making it flying epic battles, especially Cloud and Sephiroth's.

Macross Zero.

Sentou Yousei Yukikaze.

The former you have it both in movie and miniseries form. The later is a short show or long miniseries, depending on how you see it. Both have some of the most epic air battles, like, totally ever.

Both the videos are basicaly shots from them synchroniced with M.O.V.E's dogfight to make an AMV, aka Music Video. Pretty good song for pewpewing thingies and stuffies on a plane, that one.

And Macross Zero will probably make you cry.

Yukikaze mops the floor with every Macross title in existence, no contest.
Don't also forget Area 88(watch TV then OVA), glorious.

I know, it's head above the rest but still a far cry from Yukikaze.

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait... you mean ZERO, MACROSS FUCKING ZERO?! I thought you meant Macross Plus (reading fail). Zero is as pretentious as it gets. Lord save those who have to watch it.

Plus is good too, yes. The last chapter is edge of your seat stuffie, too.

But I was talking about Macross fuckin' Zero instead, yes. You know, the one with the ending that makes little fairy princesses cry. That one. He said the plot and characters were unimportant, that he only cared about the dogfighting… And, let's be honest: Macross Zero's last battle is sheer awesomeness in a can, and the previous ones aren't bad either.

Man, now I have this intense Hellsinker craving all of a sudden.

but i was talking about macross fuckin' zero instead, yes. You know, the one with the ending that makes little fairy princesses cry. That one. He said the plot and characters were unimportant, that he only cared about the dogfighting… and, let's be honest: Macross zero's last battle is sheer awesomeness in a can, and the previous ones aren't bad either.
[BLOBERT]not cool bro, not cool.[/BLOBERT]

The last WW1 plane movie was Flyboys. It wasn't too bad. Given the fact that genre is pretty much dead, I was happy to see it.

I actually got for Christmas an anime called "The Sky Crawlers", made by the same dude who did Ghost in the Shell. I knew nothing about it, but it proved to be an amazing find. Really good monocled anime.

If you're looking for older stuff, but classic, Wings of Honneamise stands up really well.

The Blue Max.

Any movie post Top Gun you can skip.

Space: Wing Commander, The Last Starfighter.
Modern: Iron Eagle III
Historical: Mephis Belle, Flyboys.
F16 vs Dragons: Dragon Fighter...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom