The Witcher 2 - Patch 1.2 announced for next week

I thought all the DLC was free?

I got a DLC code when I bought the game which unlocked certain items etc up front - there were quite a few of these as far as I know, depending onw here/how you purchased the game. So, in my book that means it was included in the day-of-purchase package, (in fact it was an incentive to pre-order).

Troll trouble was a cute quest. The biggest problem with the game, for me, is the needless running back and forth. Quick Travel should be a mandatory, yet optional, choice in any large game.

Stop, take a deep breath, wait and release the 1.1 and 1.2 fixes next week at the same time.

Troll Trouble will be included in the patch 1.1 because of certain problems with getting it.
I had a problem too, it wasn't showing on available DLC when I first installed the game, after a few hours it was up - luckily I wasn't in the chapter 1 yet. ;)
In any case they've decided to include it in the patch.

fast travel would totally ruin this game and its immersion--this is not an open world game where it would make sense.

The bulk of the serious issues seem to be around DRM and/or installation from the disks. While not excusable, the GOG purchasers are unaffected.

As for the bonus DLCs, if you look around hard enough there are alternative means to obtain them. While I don't support obtaining games from such channels, I have no problems with using them to fix DRM/DLC nonsense for games you legitimately own.

I don't think it's necessarily matter of wait 6 months & everything will be fine either. I blame a lot of this on the phone home business the industry keeps pushing. You are totally at the mercy of what's going on at the other end of the connection. I recently had Dragon Age Origins forget I owned all the DLCs when it logged in to check. I couldn't play any of my saves because they had dependencies on the DLCs. That game is well over a year old.

Another huge issue to me with TW2s release is the utter lack of any central hub for people to go to. I get that they have issues with the old forum but even if they put up a free EZ Board temporarily it would be far better than nothing. I think they underestimate the community's ability to provide support in solutions and alternatives to itself but it can't do that without an organized central hub.

They were telling people to communicate via the blog comments but they are a total unorganized mess. It's extremely difficult to find information on any specific topic that way. It's like 1,000 people in a room all shouting at the same time.

Last edited:
fast travel would totally ruin this game and its immersion—this is not an open world game where it would make sense.

We'll just have to disagree here. I'm enjoying the game, but my enjoyment would increase twofold if I didn't have to run back and forth "constantly". Get quest A on the ne side of the map, run all the way to the sw corner of the map, a 10 minute run, then run back to get the quest reward, another 10 minute run w/reward for something like 20 orens. I'd rather port back and forth like Triss does. If the game already has a logical reason for fast travel, why not allow Geralt to have learned it from Triss? Something similar to the teleport pyramids from Divine Divinity would also work.

So far, the maps are well designed to avoid long runs.

I'd like to see what fast travel would mean with timed abilities. Could be either dream stuff or nightmarish.

They seem to be giving dlc for free?
My game didn't come with any of those (as far as I know) but I just sent them an email and got one… not that it helps much since it requires the game to be patched… :biggrin: but it's nice.

well as much as i'm enjoying the witcher 2 it's really a kick in the nuts for those of us who bought the collector's edition. out all that money for crc error discs on top of all of the problems affecting others and now the "exclusive dlc" is being given away free? seriously i didn't even want half of the expensive crap in the collector's edition but i wanted to show them support. now i feel like commiting assault with a deadly witcher statuette if i ever meet anyone from CDPR (yeah i hate acronymns but their not worth the characters to me anymore)

well as much as i'm enjoying the witcher 2 it's really a kick in the nuts for those of us who bought the collector's edition. out all that money for crc error discs on top of all of the problems affecting others and now the "exclusive dlc" is being given away free? seriously i didn't even want half of the expensive crap in the collector's edition but i wanted to show them support. now i feel like commiting assault with a deadly witcher statuette if i ever meet anyone from CDPR (yeah i hate acronymns but their not worth the characters to me anymore)

I bought the collectors edition I though the extras were cool. Game runs fine for me and I didn't think it was a secret they were giving dlc free to anyone that bought any version of the game. Hopefully patch fixed your troubles I would hate to see you get geralts bust dirty.

and now the "exclusive dlc" is being given away free?
There are extras which come with collectors edition but, as I understand it, 1st dlc was always supposed to be free for all players. Where did you get the idea that it was to be CE exclusive curious?

sorry the numerous posts/newsbits/threads really make it seem like if you email the devs you get codes for any dlc. i'm not talking about troll troubles or future stuff but the "exclusive" stuff that came with either the collectors or the ones that were retailer specific. this is a bad precident if they do release it to all. most games either take many months before they even ofter the exlusive preorder dlc for sale, if at all which is certainly not done for free let alone a week after release.

***rabid rant***
people can jump up and down on gog's dick all they want but call me a fanboy for steam as they actual supports indie devs that are actually still alive and kicking not just release old drm free stuff and somehow being knights in shining armour. honestly i'll never download a torrent of a game so the people who suggest that it's a solution for when you buy a game and it doesn't work have obviously crossed that bridge and whether or not they buy some, none, or most games have bottom line still pirated games which to me is so fucking hilarious that they love publishers of drm free games.

gosh darn weevils
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjdHpFwS9I&feature=related

Applied patch 1.1...I think my system may actually be running a bit more slowly (?) I certainly have no frame rate increase. The controls are also still as (un)responsive as they were. I think this patch was mostly about fixing reg issues (I manage dto register when their servers were up so Iw as Ok on that side).

Has anyone noticed shadows as being very "blurry"? Not sure if its my system, but they look dithered and this creates a distracting shimmering - which now seems worse. I have them on ultra. I tried uber-sampling, makes no difference. I'd prefer to have high quality shadows and disable some of the others render passes that ubersampling supposely applies.

and now the "exclusive dlc" is being given away free?
No. A certain armor that exists in certain versions will not be distributed to ther versions for example. Only DLCs that are released after the game, like Troll Trouble quest.

booboo I didn't notice any blur or gameplay slowdown on my machine, sorry.
but the game starts 2-3 secs longer than before. save and load times are unchanged though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom