What games are you playing now?

I've tracked down my copy of Planescape Torment and decided to give it another try. Still, haven't gotten that much into the game right now.

Replaying Battlespire under Linux (with Dos emulator qemu).

World of Warcrapt!

If you still feel even the faintest flicker of affection for adventure games, you need Sam & Max Season 1. The endgame of Episode 5 pays for the series. But play them in order. And stay away from reviews, because they'll spoil you rotten. Hell, if you can't trust the opinion of a man who anticipates Oblivion With Guns as "the greatest game ever", who can you trust?

Hell, if you can't trust the opinion of a man who anticipates Oblivion With Guns as "the greatest game ever", who can you trust?

Reference?

I have ultra-low spoilage reviews of all five at GamerDad and AceGamez:
Episode 1 - GamerDad / AceGamez
Episode 2 - GamerDad / AceGamez
Episode 3 - GamerDad / AceGamez
Episode 4 - GamerDad / AceGamez
Episode 5 - GamerDad / AceGamez

Personally, I tooled through the rest of Call of Duty: Roads to Vistory on the PSP, then spent most of the weekend working on Test Drive Unlimited for the PC & PSP ... now back to STALKER on the PC, Puzzle Quest on the PSP and Trace Memory on the DS.

Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines for FAQ-writting purposes.

I'm actually also in the midst of playing it through for the first time though along with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl.
Bloodlines is a really great game, though S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has caught my attention for the time being.

I did a replay of Blake Stone: AoG. Yes, once again :).

Reference?
To myself, and this post in particular.

Finished F.E.A.R. Extraction Point a couple of days ago. I'm not enjoying the narrative arc of this series at all. So far, it's an unbroken string of forced failures. They vary from loud and dramatic to quiet and personal, but at no point do you accomplish anything.

Finished F.E.A.R. Extraction Point a couple of days ago. I'm not enjoying the narrative arc of this series at all. So far, it's an unbroken string of forced failures. They vary from loud and dramatic to quiet and personal, but at no point do you accomplish anything.

I thought F.E.A.R. had a pretty cool story behind it....... by FPS standards.

Ahh - I thought you were talking about the Sam & Max spoilers ...

I like FEAR, but find that the XP expansion does much as you say ... but I still liked it.

I thought F.E.A.R. had a pretty cool story behind it....... by FPS standards.
I agree. The story behind the game is nifty. The story told during the game has no place for the player as protagonist. All hell has to break loose if there's going to be a sequel, so you mustn't be allowed to get in the way of that. You can only show up too late to save her or stop him or keep her from escaping, over and over again, for fifteen hours. You sure do get to kill a lot of people, though.

I decided to restart STALKER on the PC because I wasn't really hooked into it, but now I'm ranked #1 with over 1000 points and really into it. Duty decided they hated me at some point though - even though I was on missions for them.

I'm slowly making progress in Trace Memory on the DS, but it is hampered by the fact that whenever I have 5 minutes to play I pick up Puzzle Quest on the PSP for just one more battle ...

I'm patiently waiting for the patch before I restart STALKER. It's supposed to fix the rest of the quest\PDA bugs and tweak the Bandit respawn rate to more realistic levels.

tweak the Bandit respawn rate to more realistic levels.
But it *is* funny seeing the same four guys respawn in the same place next to the bodies of the same four guys you cut down the last 3 times you went through that area! ;)

A little gem called 'Bad Toys 3D'. Cute graphics! Just don't try to read the mission description or help file, the translation is so bad it's funny.

OK, so Genesis Rising sucked ... glad that's done!

I'm reviewing a game called Hot Dog King for the PC, which is a franchise-building tycoon game ... but the PR releases I had gotten featured 'the girls of Hot Dog King', and the game itself seems to lean heavily on scantily clad sim-like models ... perhaps the less said the better ...

On to better stuff - thanks to a good ol' Magerette I am now playing the Titan Quest Immortal Throne expansion on the PC. I had deleted my original TQ saves, meaning that I'd have to trudge all the way through again to get to the Immortal Throne stuff. I was about 1/3 way through ... I wish they included a pre-packaged couple of characters like they did for Sacred Underworld. I was also starting the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion (also PC) when one of my gaming PC's ate itself ... crud.

On the PSP I'm holding off buying some of the new stuff that just came out (e.g Valhalla Knights and the Generation of Chaos sequel), and decided to take a Puzzle Quest break and play some of Snoopy & The Red Baron. Not bad stuff, really.

The DS is seeing action in the form of Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, which is a classic rogue-like wrapped up in a little Ninja story and some sassy characters. The core game is punishingly difficult, but I am finding it pretty fun so far.

Nothing right now, to be honest. I'm due for another restart in DivDiv, but I'm concentrating on hockey for the next month or two.

OK, so Genesis Rising sucked ... glad that's done!
Damn, Really? I was kind of starting to get interested in this one. Keep in mind that I hadn't heard about this game at all until I got a JoWood newsletter dumped on me a few weeks ago, but still. Bugger :disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom