Theyrin

bit_abuser

Traveler
Hi everybody :)

Theyrin is an RPG I'm working on, it's in early stages of development (it's my first game, and I've been completely reworking the engine and the graphics about three times).

It's set in a dark and primitive post-apocalyptic world, inspired mostly by the first areas of Fallout 2. I'm hoping to create an original setting and story, no saving the world this time, just surviving and crafting your destiny in a violent world of tribal societies and strange creatures.

I'd love some feedback, I'll post updates if anyone's interested :)

Some screenshots, concept art etc.:

tribal.jpg

maw.png

Ezqan.jpg

bugsc.jpg

Looks very cool! What are you using to make your graphics?

Thanks! Good luck! Make sure to keep us posted here.

Very cool concept. I like the primitive lost secrets of the ancients aspects to post apoc settings.

If you want some more really interesting inspirations, check out the Gamma World tabletop RPG material, as well as Thundarr the BArbarian cartoons.

The Gamma World RPG has awesome setting background, floara and fauna, equiptment, and adventures and can be gotten very cheap online.

It also has something Wasteland and Fallout do not which would expand the gameplay and options tremendously. It has player character racial and mutant types and as well as mutant powers. When the tabletop game versions of Gama World is played in comparison with tabletop Fallout, the Gamma World version has much more staying power and variety due to those components. You can have a game setting that is similar in scope and variety to medieval fantasy settings by incorporating more mutant races, classes, and powers. It would be a good way to stay inclusive to a large demographic of RPG gamers to, as they would appreciate more available styles of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom