Dishonored - Stage Demo and More Videos

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Impressive in terms of freedom and choice of approaching targets. Some of the feats that the assassin has remind me of the abilities that Kain acquire in Blood Omen 2 (mind control, jump/transport to higher/out of reach places). Dishonored also seem to provide you with a playground to achieve your objectives in the manner that you choose, just like in the Hitman games.

But with all of these abilities in place, there does not seem to be a challange involved in Dishonored. I hope that this is just for the demo purposes and these abilities are gained gradually - which would point towards a game+ feature in Dishonored.

But with all of these abilities in place, there does not seem to be a challange involved in Dishonored. I hope that this is just for the demo purposes and these abilities are gained gradually - which would point towards a game+ feature in Dishonored.

Abilities are bought with runes and I read in an earlier preview there is not enough runes to buy all the abilities in a playthrough. Also, energy does not regenerate, this limit abilities spamming.

The entire system sounded a bit like the Praxi points in DX:HR when I first read about it.

Judging by the recent gameplay videos Dishonored looks more and more like a proper Arkane Studios game (i.e. like Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis) in terms of environmental design, first-person controls and various abilities etc. And that is a Good Thing, as far as I'm concerned…

Judging by the recent gameplay videos Dishonored looks more and more like a proper Arkane Studios game (i.e. like Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis) in terms of environmental design, first-person controls and various abilities etc. And that is a Good Thing, as far as I'm concerned…

I just wish that it is possible to see your legs and shadow during the game, and be able to interact and use the environment (for example break a chair on someone's head) - just minor issues.

Abilities are bought with runes and I read in an earlier preview there is not enough runes to buy all the abilities in a playthrough. Also, energy does not regenerate, this limit abilities spamming.

The entire system sounded a bit like the Praxi points in DX:HR when I first read about it.

Yes, and obviously for demonstration purposes they use all abilities and are able to reload an play it completely different with other abilities. That's why games have dev consoles (even though nowadays they are often taken out at release).

If they'd actually just play the game normally they'd be like: "There's this really cool *insert ability*, but I haven't found enough runes yet to buy it so I can't show you, but trust me it's awesome". Journalist: "I guess?"

Back
Top Bottom