Skyrim - Screens @ RPS

I think they look great, and way beyond modded Morrowind and Oblivion.

http://piclair.com/data/lq39o.jpg

i dont think it looks THAT much worse than Skyrim + i bet it wont have under water caustics like i have with MGE ;) The fog around the mountains does look really nice though i have to say. Graphically i'm mostly looking forward to see a some much better animations, they can be quite bad in Morrowind.

It should. Because the Oblivion/Fallout engine is just terrible. I recently started a new Fallout New Vegas game and was shocked how bad the engine really is.
I then downloaded a bunch of mods and now it looks far better than ever before but it is still nothing to brag about.

Hmm… I still think FO3 looks pretty good at hi res, even without graphics mods. It's the animations that are poor imo, not the visuals.

It should. Because the Oblivion/Fallout engine is just terrible. I recently started a new Fallout New Vegas game and was shocked how bad the engine really is.
I then downloaded a bunch of mods and now it looks far better than ever before but it is still nothing to brag about.

Well, that's a matter of taste I suppose.

Apart from animations, I think Fallout 3 was a very good looking game. I also think it had matured a lot from Oblivion in terms of streaming content. Stuttering was minimal on my setup, at least.

It might not have been the most beautiful game in existence - but considering the scope of the world - I think it was pretty great.

Calling it "just terrible" is like saying the sky isn't blue - to me.

Hmm… I still think FO3 looks pretty good at hi res, even without graphics mods. It's the animations that are poor imo, not the visuals.

Really? :S
The textures are all blurry, the character models are awefull, everything looks bland, the explosions are pathetic, etc. I really, really don't like the engine and all asorted stuff (e.g. animations, textures, etc).

Really? :S
The textures are all blurry, the character models are awefull, everything looks bland, the explosions are pathetic, etc. I really, really don't like the engine and all asorted stuff (e.g. animations, textures, etc).

Not sure what to say. It certainly doesn't fit that description on my system. :)

Find me better explosions in another non-shooter.

http://piclair.com/data/lq39o.jpg

i dont think it looks THAT much worse than Skyrim + i bet it wont have under water caustics like i have with MGE ;) The fog around the mountains does look really nice though i have to say. Graphically i'm mostly looking forward to see a some much better animations, they can be quite bad in Morrowind.

Well, I'm not going by any individual screenshots - but just my overall impression of Morrowind - which I recently played modded with all bells and whistles.

Not a bad looking game (when not moving) - but I have to say it's quite below what Skyrim looks like in those screenshots.

Hard to be certain of anything - and at this point, I consider the whole debate somewhat superfluous.

Back
Top Bottom