3 best rpg in the last 5 years?

Does Hellgate count as a non-MMO?

If so:

1. Hellgate London
2. Neverwinter Nights 2
3. Titan Quest/Dungeon Siege 2 - tied. Both excellent D2 clones, but one is better as a pure hack/slash, the other as a more immersive story-oriented action RPG.

Yeah, nothing like subjective definitions pretending to be objective :)

Yeah, nothing like subjective definitions pretending to be objective :)

I had a dinner pretending to be lunch on Saturday ... does that mean it was a role-playing sandwich? I think so, because as I was taking bites numbers were coming out of the top slice of bread, and the mustard jar had a giant exclamation point over it, reminding me I had forgotten its' quest to become part of the sandwich ...

1. Witcher ee
2. NWN 2, mask of the betrayer and storm of zehir..Obviously MOTB is the best of three, but other two ain't bad either.. I love them all equally. All have their own strenghts :)
3.Gothic 3 cp 1.7, I'm a gothic junkie, so what can i say. I never seem to get bored playing gothic 3. Now i'm replaying it likely 6:th time...

Honorable mentioning goes to:

Kotor 2. If not taking jedi knight series into account which i hold very near to my heart, kotor 2 is the best star wars game I've played ever. The first part was really epic, but obsidian really took Star wars into whole different level in kotor 2. Just like everyone loves new hope (kotor 1), but Empire strikes back was really the film that defined Star wars (kotor 2), sadly lec wanted to release kotor 2 too early :)

Mass effect. I absolutely adore the universe bw has created, visuals, sounds, storytelling, wonderfull stuff. farscape meets babylon 5 and battlestar galactica. Only if it the game was more rpg and the world more open.

Bloodlines is really great too. It should be almost in my top 3, but since it doesn't fit in the 5 year timeline...

Last edited:
I had a dinner pretending to be lunch on Saturday ... does that mean it was a role-playing sandwich? I think so, because as I was taking bites numbers were coming out of the top slice of bread, and the mustard jar had a giant exclamation point over it, reminding me I had forgotten its' quest to become part of the sandwich ...

If there's a point, it escapes me :)

1. The Witcher
2. MoTB
3. Kotor II

The last 5 years were pretty bad, but I think that those three are instant classics.
Also, RPGWatch f'in rules, you guys have pretty much the same taste in games as I.

If there's a point, it escapes me :)

Don't use slice bread on a sandwich, better to go with Italian, French or a nice hearty roll.

I only need my own - and I don't even need to make my own yours ;)

That's just how I roll...

That works perfectly fine until you start interacting with other pepole about RPG's. Like you did here.

This probably isn't worth discussing in any depth though.

Übereil

That works perfectly fine until you start interacting with other pepole about RPG's. Like you did here.Übereil

It works perfectly fine as long as the people in question understand and respect that we each have our own opinion of what an RPG can be.

You obviously don't respect that.

That said, I agree completely that it's not worth discussing.

Back
Top Bottom