Space Siege - Console Rumors

magerette

Hedgewitch
Eurogamer posts a short quote from Shawn Green of Sega, publisher for Gas Powered Games action rpg Space Seige, stating the possibility of releasing the game for consoles as well as PC:

"We're talking with them about it," said Shawn Green, associate producer of Space Siege for SEGA.
"We don't want to let any cats out of the bag too early but definitely a console version is something that's being considered right now. But currently it's not confirmed."...
"We're seeing on console that a lot of gamers are appreciating the short and sweet experience, where you can play through and really like it and enjoy it," Green added.
"I think that's where a lot of Chris motivation comes from, taking that to the PC and creating a game that you can beat."
According to Green, Space Siege PC is out this September.
More information.

This has "dumbed down" written all over it.

And now the fear is that that crowd will love it. Why not just give it a GOTY right now?

As for his comment on console players liking short games. Has this not usualy allways been the case anyway?

I would guess that Space Siege will be pretty much like Dungeon Siege... so don't worry - not much to dumb down there...

Don't worry they'll find a way. For starters, they have already said that inventory is out.

What is the problem? This is clearly supposed to be an action RPG. What did you expect?

Progress quest is an action rpg too if you think the fury of clicking the single button and the stat that raises from doing the action. But still I think its kinda boring as a game.

There was also a game called "Typing of the dead". The game progressed each time you typed a word/sentance correctly. Siege games are like that except instead of multiple buttons you have only one.

I think this game will be perfect for consoles. Perhaps the bestseller of the year.

About Progress Quest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_Quest

I once joked about carrotts getting experience points for "just growing up".

Sadly "Typing of the Dead" was never translated into German. I really would've liked to play it.

Back
Top Bottom