Better than Patreon!!!

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
I have this great new way of making lots of money. It's called a job and the money is guaranteed! The better you are at it, the more chances for lots of money. There are several forum members who can tell you success stories about this way of making a living. Ask for details ;)

Don't let certain forum members try to lure you to Patreon, that is for pathetic losers! Try job and if you don't like it, there are several other sources of this wonderful opportunity! Call today, sources are nearly limitless but you want to start early to maximize your potential. You skill points will rise through the roof!

'Nut, have you considered donating to my Patreon page? You can find it here > http://www.patreon.com/fluent.

Check it out, watch the video I posted and see if you like it. Hey, you never know, you might actually like what I'm doing and want to help support me. Anything is possible. :)

As for this 'job' you speak of, I have tried it before and I decided it's not for me. I'm glad it works for many people, though. Continued success to all of you with your normal, everyday jobs out there!

That should mean you guys have enough money to become a Patron of mine, so please don't hesitate to sign up today. Thank you. :)

P.S. I recommend my recent Gothic II playthrough, if you'd like to watch some of what I do. Here is a link to the first episode (of which I've already recorded 40 total!).

Last edited:
I have a (good) job and I can say - with all confidence -that if you find something you love doing, and you can get some kind of sustainable income while doing it - that's the way to go.

People who claim to actually love their real job are either kidding themselves (and you) - or they're part of a tiny minority. Well, or they don't understand the word "love".

Not that I would think Patreon can provide sustainable income in many cases, but that's another story :)

Then I'm in the small minority that loves their job. Or more accurately I love the field I'm working in (software developer), and most of the time I love the job itself. When it's more technical than functional. If only I could take out the functional all-together.

And how do I know I love my job. The fact that some/most of the time, when I leave work, I keep investigating. And sometimes in the mornings, I can't wait to get into the office and try something.

But, about the topic at hand, I fail to see how producing content on the internet and getting paid/supported through patreon, is not a job. More non-conventional, but still a job. You're getting paid for a service you are providing. Job, imo.

If it's a job, then Mr. Nutty doesn't have a point :)

I think both Mr Nutty and Fluent are wrong :)

Mr Nutty wants Fluent to get a "job" and Fluent think "job" is not for him. However what Fluent actually doing is looking for a "job" and he is using Patreon as way to for his "customers" to pay him. The real problem is both Fluent and Mr Nutty has very narrow definition of "job" :)

And I loved Fluent reply to Mr Nutty :D

From my personal experience, if you rely on the thing you love the most to make a living and pay the bills etc, then the thing you love most can become the thing you hate the most!

Yeah, I would for sure hate gaming, if I had to play let's say 12 hours a day just to make a living. Yuck! ( Developing games on the other hand..... :) )

As for making a living by posting let's plays and such, people might think it is easy just because they read about guys like pewdiepie who earns $6 million a year or more by making silly videos. But it is not easy, for everyone that has such a big success there is 100 000 of failures. So my advice to Fluent would be to try and find something that he could make a living doing, it doesn't have to be a 9-5 job though, and probably hoping for donations and posting let's play is not enough for that.

On the subject of loving the job, if you are to truly love your job, you have to do something you are really interested in and it has to be challenging and rewarding... or you can have really great colleagues that makes each day fun anyway :)

let's plays
Just to say - I don't watch these stuff at all.
I want to play a game not to watch "game movies".

Not saying there is something wrong with letting others play games instead of you, I'm just not that kind of person.

Another thing wrong with me is that I prefer textual with screenshots reviews/previews. Probably because I don't have enough time to sit back and spend an hour of staring into youtube where usually some schmuck brags about stuff I don't care for at all and I have no control over the content nor I can decide what path to take in a game. If it's c&c heavy game I bet I'd take a choice those "let's play" will never make first.
With written material I can instajump onto another block if the current one starts talks about nothing interesting. Can't do that with streams.

But there are exceptions.
If I'm interested in a game and can't find a properly written article I'll go watch Total Biscuit's take on it as that guy shows stuff you can't see anywhere else (like FPS drops if a game has them and effects from variety of options ordinary reviewers never bother with).
Sometimes I do watch Angry Joe's review on a game not because he'll say something I don't know about - he won't, but because the guy makes a show I always get a laugh or two from. Since our tastes are totally different I wouldn't buy a game based on his recommendation, but when I need a laughter, I know where his channel is for a comedy fix.

I'd like to see some posts by magerette, but I think she's gone.

Well, maybe Fluent can beg for some Patron and the thread will go full circle ;)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone. It's appreciated, and I truly enjoy reading the different responses.

All I can really say is this. I love doing what I do here, for the 'Watch, for my YouTube, and for all my other creative outlets that I have discovered and utilized over the years. I would do them completely for free, and will continue to contribute to these sites for years to come, whether I get paid or not.

But, that said, I'd like to get paid for my work. I'd love to have some, any sustainable income coming in right now to help further fund my creative endeavors, which in turn means better content for the viewers. So I please ask you to consider donating to my Patreon. If I can make game reviews, previews, Let's Plays, videos, music, etc., a full-time job and get paid something for it, I will truly be living a life I've always dreamed of.

Please, at least watch my video and see if you get a sense for why I am pursuing this route. It's only 11 minutes long, so maybe it will inspire you to donate to me. All I can say is that I want to provide even more and better content to you all, but I can't do that without a little help.

For the price of one pizza per month, you guys can help fund my channel and my work here on the 'Watch. All I'm asking for is $10 a month per pledge, but if you'd like to give more, then please, by all means do that. But $10 a month is nothing to some of you, yet it is a big boost for me. It will at least mean I can do something simple like buy new games to play, or slowly upgrade my computer with better technology, etc. It means a lot.

I will continue making content for all of you and love doing it. Job, hobby, whatever you want to call it, one thing is certain - I love doing it. I will always love doing it. Just reading your guys' comments is worth it for me. I love you all and truly appreciate everything. So, thank you for your support thus far.

Now, back to the games I go. :) Love,

Fluent

Don't really care for Let's Play videos or see the appeal really. Closest I've come to sitting down and wasting time like that has been with Ethoslab Minecraft tutorial videos - some ingenious stuff there.

One of the big draws for me doing the Let's Plays is knowing that people are watching and following along with your work, going on this new journey with you, together. It's a great feeling being someone who provides the content because you know people are enjoying it.

I have also watched Let's Plays in the past, and a big appeal, for me, has been getting to know the content creator and having the feeling of playing the game and exploring the piece together. You can really build a nice little community of fans and watchers who all get immersed into the gameplay and enjoy the ride.

Let's Plays can be very fun, you guys should try them sometimes. Start with mine, if you wish. :)

If I'm watching videos on the internet, it isn't going to be of a guy playing games. I'd rather watch gals doing other types of activities ;) If you have patreon accounts of that, send the links!

crpgnut, I thought voyeurism of any kind is illegal in Missouri! :p

If I'm watching videos on the internet, it isn't going to be of a guy playing games. I'd rather watch gals doing other types of activities ;) If you have patreon accounts of that, send the links!

I read that's exactly what was going on at Patreon, and they've had to ban x-rated material. It was becoming a sort of Kickstarter for acts of depravity. :lol:

I read that's exactly what was going on at Patreon, and they've had to ban x-rated material. It was becoming a sort of Kickstarter for acts of depravity. :lol:

Ah man! I'm too late. I always miss the good stuff :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom