Bloodborne

I have played them all and I enjoyed dark souls more then demon souls. I havent gotten very far yet in bloodborne but Im very much enjoying it. More so then I did with both demon souls and dark souls 2. Its up there with dark souls for me.

Played for a couple of hours now. It's very similar to dark souls. The only differences i've notices so far is that there are guns instead of shields, it's more about an affliction instead of a curse (beasts instead of undead) and it's abit faster paced.

Killed two bosses now. The story is very thin so far but thats to be expected.

If you like dark souls you will probably like this. If you don't then you probably won't like this either.

It may seem weird but in Souls games (and in Bloodborne of course) most of the lore and story are told in item descriptions. Try to read some of them. It will worth it. There is a certain Cthulhu feeling in them.

Yeah Im very well aware of this. That was exactly my point actually. The story doesnt come to you like in most games. If you want to get involved in it you have to look for it thus its very similar to dark souls and why I said its to be expected. I enjoy that way of storytelling but alot of people dont.

Bloodborne is the recently released PS4 exclusive from From Software, which has received rave reviews so far and currently has a metascore of 93, which makes it the highest rated exclusive on any platform this year. It also ranks among the top rated platform exclusive next to Super Mario 3D World on the Wii U.

It is interesting to notice that Bloodborne, despite being a more niche series compared to The Order 1886, has already exceeded the digital sales of The Order 1886 on the PlayStation Store (in EU), while also maintaining a near perfect rating.

http://gearnuke.com/bloodborne-already-exceeded-order-1886-term-digital-sales-popularity/

If any of you guys are like me and feel things have been rather dull with new releases in the triple AAA game industry then go and do yourself and favor and GET THIS GAME. Theirs so much that can be said about this game, the atmosphere and the world is one of the most enthralling and mind blowing things I've ever seen. The multi-player system is the best I've experienced in a long time. It's this awesome community that can only communicate through helpful notes on the ground and gestures and it's so elegant and free from call of duty shinnanigins.

The level design is one of the most brilliant things I've ever seen, The combat is breathtaking the shaking you get in your hands as you fight a boss and it's getting down to the wire and the sight of raining blood and PREY SLAUGHTERED nothing has ever felt so good. Then all the secret areas that you can easily never find it's amazing how much effort was put into this game and there is a story you just gotta dig and fill in blanks yourself. Don't let the difficulty or any experience you've had with past souls games shy you away. Hell it might even make you get the souls games and end up wanting to play them.( speaking from experience)

Theirs so much more that can be said but i'll leave that to you to pick it up and play. i'd give it a 9.5 if i could but seeing as you cant do that guess i gotta round up though its well deserved.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne

No other game could commit to its themes so religiously without feeling the need to compromise its vision and veer towards accessibility. Bloodborne stands tall above any game that dares attach itself to the framework of Lovecraftian horror.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/22/cthulhu-voodoo-why-bloodborne-is-the-best-lovecraftian-game/

Good game :)

Damn you console exclusives DAMN YOU!

lol ;)

I came real close to buying a PS4 just for Bloodborne and The Last of Us, but then I realized there wouldn't be much of a point in doing that.

Thing is, I probably wouldn't touch it until the Fall or early Winter anyways. I have too large a backlog of PC games I want to play first. After TW3, I've still got PoE, Wasteland 2, and Divinity: OS to play.

Yeah, I hear that, I'm still to do the same bunch. I want to get myself into the right mood is my problem, I don't want to enter into any of them with a sense of RPG fatigue, so I've been playing Adventures and Strategy games the past few months (since finishing Drakensang: River of Time) and I'm feeling close to ready for another epic adventure.

There's no chance I'm buying a PS4 in the immediate either, in the mean time I'm watching Mr.Odd again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Z6SLTU85E

Watching other people play games is a bit odd ('scuse the pun), but this guy seems to get most things right in terms of watchibility, such as sound, quality, pacing, blah blah blah, though some people find him a bit dumb at times (like anyone who watches anyone ever does, the back-seat driver thing).

But anyway, yeah, I was extremely skeptical of a new Dark Souls game, I never really got attracted to the originals, but, like (most) everyone is saying, holy shit, this looks... gooooogreous.... and watching this guy does actually make me want to buy this game! Which is extremely rare for a (near) complete cynic such as myself. I'm addicted to his episodes as much as he's addicted to the game.

Well. I loved it but it's not for everyone. Yes, just like Dark Souls.

I will not buy a console for one game. I watch some gameplay the game looks great and is like dark souls but faster, i like it but i will not trow 400euros away.

Also for those of you "graphic whores" go and play something else, this is not for u.

PS: I still play DS1 from time to time and the community is still active.

I traded in my old ps3 and sold a game and a controller to a co-worker. Allinall I got my ps4 for about 150 €. Hopefully more games that are worthwhile will come soon :)

Yeah it was one of the games i traded in for the new console. Great game! If I knew back then that the last of us and gta v would come as enhanced editions for the new generation of consoles I would've waited with playing them until now. Oh well! They were Great on ps3 too :)

Back
Top Bottom