Witcher 3 - An Epic Year

I think the more options you have in character generation the more difficult it gets to design "the same level of writing, acting and character development".

A bit harder to do, for sure. But what I found awesome in this game had very little to do with Geralt himself. I felt forced to play as Geralt based on what I knew of him. True, backstory after 2 previous games (and several novels) cannot be manufactured if it's YOUR PC starting out in a new franchise like CDPR's new project, but that's kind of the fun for me-- creating my own story within the narrative. Part of that is having my own look, name, backstory, stats, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

DA:I is a perfect example, and it came close to TW3 as far as companions and story, though obviously with its lame gameplay flaws. Whether you were a thief or a mage, the only thing you had to be was "the inquisitor". Everything else was up to you, within the boundaries of the story being told of course.

With Geralt, you knew who he was, who he was supposed to be and you really had very little means to deviate from that (good or evil).

Last edited:
The combat is boring maybe because you play on the easiest difficulty, try some of the harder ones where you need to do more then just swing one of the swords.

The combat is boring maybe because you play on the easiest difficulty, try some of the harder ones where you need to do more then just swing one of the swords.

For me combat became tedious because there was too much of it - not because it was easy/hard. Of course, I'm more interested in the story than carving my way through hordes of (respawning trashmob) drowners...

You do pick your complaints boo... Drowners of all things? There might indeed have been some respawns (can't remember for sure) but hordes of them? And you needed to be near the water/swamp to encounter any at all.

You do pick your complaints boo… Drowners of all things? There might indeed have been some respawns (can't remember for sure) but hordes of them? And you needed to be near the water/swamp to encounter any at all.

Hordes was hyperbole….Drowners were the first thing that popped into my head - but I, like Ovenall, eventualy got tired of the combat. I've felt the same about every open world game I've played - and I think TW3 should have stuck to something closer to TW2, in terms of pacing and structure. I did enjoy it overall, but I can't stand the sight of it now (having completed the main story and put in quite a lot of time) and have 0 dersire to the play the expansion they released or to replay it anytime soon.

Don't you dare throwing hyperboles at me! :)

Back
Top Bottom