Sword Coast Legends - PAX Prime 2015 Trailer @ PCGamesN

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Watcher Eye spotted the new Sword Coast Legends Trailer at PCGamesN:

I'm quite excited for the upcoming Sword Coast Legends. It's essentially digital D&D, much like Neverwinter Nights, but designed with the idea of a guiding DM player running a co-op team through adventures. It also has all the single-player RPG goblin looting you'd expect, but D&D that I don't have to clear a big table or put trousers on for is the main draw. There's a playable build at PAX this week and, in concert with that, developers n-Space have released a new trailer.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
That MMO surely has some nice special effects.
Just like Fable Legends.
And Shadow Realms... Oops, sorry, that one got cancelled.

Like I have said since the beginning, I don't think it is going to be game of the year. Though I think it is going to be a fun game to play. I have zero interest like in all games for co-op or MMO, so I am hoping there is 30-40 hours of single player game play.

And Shadow Realms… Oops, sorry, that one got cancelled.

post-49374-ashton-kutcher-BURN-gif-Imgur-JCDw.gif

Well… If you are a biodrone that is.

Like I have said since the beginning, I don't think it is going to be game of the year. Though I think it is going to be a fun game to play. I have zero interest like in all games for co-op or MMO, so I am hoping there is 30-40 hours of single player game play.

I see it the same way. I'm starved for some good D&D stuff, though I'm doubtful this is going to be the new Neverwinter Nights. Definitely not a day one purchase, but I will give it a try once the discount spiral sets in.

When this game was first announced, I was pretty excited. But, the more I see and read about it, I get more and more less interested. Too bad.

I see it the same way. I'm starved for some good D&D stuff, though I'm doubtful this is going to be the new Neverwinter Nights. Definitely not a day one purchase, but I will give it a try once the discount spiral sets in.
Which is really sad as the engine and camera and controls seem better then both NWN1 and NWN2.

My gut says this is going to be a shallow action hack n slasher with very linear weak single player aspect. Going to wait a while and decide if I will get it later. I'm a huge forgotten realms and RPG player and would love another baldurs gate style game but I'm skeptical over this.

Seems like each d&d game tries to "broaden" the brand by making them more casual. Its odd because most fans of the setting and game are not casual gamers....so they don't make games for their core audience, very frustrating.

My gut says this is going to be a shallow action hack n slasher with very linear weak single player aspect. Going to wait a while and decide if I will get it later. I'm a huge forgotten realms and RPG player and would love another baldurs gate style game but I'm skeptical over this.

Seems like each d&d game tries to "broaden" the brand by making them more casual. Its odd because most fans of the setting and game are not casual gamers….so they don't make games for their core audience, very frustrating.

Agreed. But licence holders for D&D and Forgotten Realms are probably not interested in hardcore games. Its harder or impossible to convince them if you dont go into MMO or casual territory.

post-49374-ashton-kutcher-BURN-gif-Imgur-JCDw.gif

Well… If you are a biodrone that is.

I thought I slipped onto one of my teenaged sons websites for a second after seeing your post.

I'm starved for some good D&D stuff,
Me too!

Lets talk about Rage of Demons.

Am I correct in believing that WotC is releasing a 5E tabletop campaign and at the same time it gets a faithful videogame counterpart in SCL. This is what's happening with Rage of Demons, right?

That's an opportunity for PC players to actually get to play legit PnP campaigns with real maps and encounters just like the tabletop folk.

Then once the editor is finished I'm sure people will port their favourite campaigns.

Anything is possible, really. Launch is just the start of what it can become.

Here's a super scary CGI trailer for rage of demons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYpZlcWFV0&feature=youtu.be

You need to get some ACME rose-tinted glasses…those usually do the trick :p

Along with a few drugs, I'm sure it'll look like the greatest thing ever :)

If they'd called it Diablo Legends, I'd be more interested in this as a cooperative snack or something.

But as a D&D game? It looks really underwhelming.

Still, there's no way I'm not checking it out - and I've been wrong about these things before.

Would it be fair to say this isn't the type of game you'd pay $10 a month for until its release? Which features are missing, compared to one you would pay that amount for? :blush:

I'd say it doesn't look like the type of game I'd pay much for at all. It looks like a shallow action RPG with clunky visuals and subpar animations.

I'll know for sure when it's out, and I'd be more than pleased to be wrong.

I'd love to see the NWN animations with clashing swords again. NWN2 (and SCL!) was instantly inferior just because it was missing that innovation.

Back
Top Bottom