Dragon Age: Inquisition - Gameplay Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware released a new gameplay trailer with Creative Director Mike Laidlaw who talks about the E3 dragon fight gameplay from the games demo.

Join creative director Mike Laidlaw as he walks you through part one of the award winning Dragon Age: Inquisition E3 gameplay demo. In part one, explore the largest Dragon Age world ever created and lead your followers in a battle against a High Dragon.
I also found two new articles from twinfinite from a recent Q&A. You can read the first article here, and the second one here.

Today, a Q&A session was held with Mark Darrah (executive producer), Mike Laidlaw (lead designer), and Cameron Lee (producer) about Dragon Age: Inquisition where so many questions were answered that my brain hurts.
More information.

Last edited:
OMG....can't wait to play this on the PC. This vid shows some decent gameplay, now I just have to get that dam computer upgrade going before Oct.

I wonder why he didn't rotate the camera when the char was riding the horse. ;)

looks really awesome. Only thing I'm not sure about is the camera angle. Its kinda low down and too zoomed in - half of the screen is taken up by the back of your character

OMG this looks soo baad. :DDD
Features:
- our engine cannot support Skyrim-amount of trees so we tried to switch the freshnel shader to extreme and everything acquired a whitish edge.
- Skin of NPC-s are bleeched
- Art direction looks crappy.

AVOID BOYCOTT AVOID BOYCOTT!!

Actually to me it looks better than Skyrim. Sorry.

Where is that thread I've written a few notes on this vid? Somehow can't find it, but it's about this:
Looks impressive except the inventory.

Inventory is horrible. So horrible I can't believe I've actually seen that. It's not a design, it's an insult!
Feels like they were so lazy to make a proper inventory so instead they've just ported crappy work from some EA phonegame.

Any modders planning to make a proper inventory? Or maybe there is inventory DLC, only 753 Bioware Points.

I can't deny I'm curious what Bioware can come up with when it comes to the Frostbite engine, but the whole thing seems just as soul-less as ME2/ME3/DA2 - though I hope to be wrong about it.

Sometimes, a game can be decent and entertaining even without a passionate vision behind it. DA2 was fun for a little while until the pop-up enemies and repetitive environments became too much.

If they've figured this out, the game could be pretty good as long as you're not expecting anything like what the old Bioware would have made with resources and tools like these.

I wonder why he didn't rotate the camera when the char was riding the horse. ;)
Maybe thats because companions magically dissapear when you mount and re-appear when you dismount.
True story, read it on the internets.

Maybe they don't disappear but fly and IIRC you can't see what's directly above you.

Or maybe they go drill underground tunnels? :p

Maybe thats because companions magically dissapear when you mount and re-appear when you dismount.
True story, read it on the internets.

Hm. So are horses simply a means of getting around then? I assume you can't have proper party-based combat from horseback if your party have been popped in to your special HorseBag of Holding ;-)

Seems a lazy solution for such a capable engine - and it's not like they're short on resources.

Mounted combat is a bit much to expect, but having your party members spawn after dismounting will likely be bad for immersion.

I think Bioware isn't proud of this design decision. :D

Mounted combat is a bit much to expect, but having your party members spawn after dismounting will likely be bad for immersion.
Right. Currently I'm thinking of just skipping the mounts and just walk.

It would be better if they simply removed mounts from the game and added more convenient ways of traveling or whatever.

If you can't do a feature right, don't do it at all. Especially not if you're trying to imitate Skyrim - and Skyrim does it better.

That's not smart.

I don't know if it's a smart move or not. Having mounts gives you a feature you can heavily promote. That could help them in sales in short-terms. The fact that it's not implemented right, will perhaps cost them reputation and customer satisfaction. That's not an area where they can lose much. ;)

My version of smart design is when you make a game that's better and which will make a better impression as well.

Financially, I guess I just don't care enough to figure out what's smart about this. Though, I doubt promising something and then delivering something worse than people will expect will get you more money in the long-term. Then again, EA has never been about the long-term, have they? :)

looks really awesome. Only thing I'm not sure about is the camera angle. Its kinda low down and too zoomed in - half of the screen is taken up by the back of your character

There is something to that. For some reason the whole environment seems small and confined. Even though it seems to be expansive. It just seems small. And the skybox seems very low.

I don't know if it's a smart move or not. Having mounts gives you a feature you can heavily promote. That could help them in sales in short-terms. The fact that it's not implemented right, will perhaps cost them reputation and customer satisfaction. That's not an area where they can lose much. ;)
Lose? What? They don't care for implementation, it's not what they're after!
You're forgetting the masterplan. Horse armor. All kinds of.

I sure hope he was playing on easy difficulty…

More like Dev Mode. Vivienne keep getting at "almost dead" and replenishing her health automatically.

It would be better if they simply removed mounts from the game and added more convenient ways of traveling or whatever.

The game also have fast travel to camps/keeps on maps. I get the feeling that mounts are just there for people to collect and speed up "return to quest givers that aren't near camps/keeps" when you aren't the type to explore all nooks and crannies.

Lose? What? They don't care for implementation, it's not what they're after!
You're forgetting the masterplan. Horse armor. All kinds of.
My bet is on hairstyles for horses. Something like this.

(Don't google hairstyles for horses. This actually is a thing. :'( )

Back
Top Bottom