BioShock - Pitch Documents

In the last year there have been quite a few "pure" RPGs released compared to previous years, thank goodness, so I really don't understand the ranting…

Even so, what's best about this site is that people can talk clearly, intelligently, and objectively about games (with or without RPG elements). That goes a long way in my book.

Thank you everyone! :)

I'd have to be a hell of a knucklehead to try to engage in "logical discussion" with a group of people who have ganged up to ridicule me, wouldn't I? Is that what you are used to wherever you come from? Make fun of people opinions and then egg them on to continue interacting with you? Sounds like bullying to me, but you call it "polite"… that's so odd.

Didn't you say you were leaving??

In all of your posts you project this arrogant "I-define-what-RPG-is and all those who don't agree with me are mainstream casual lame gamers playing WoW" attitude and then you have problem in getting (perceived) 'ganged up' , 'made fun of' and 'bullied' ?! LOL.

Know this: You don't DESERVE to be spoken politely to after this looking down upon others attitude you have been throwing around constantly. If you rub people in wrong way, why exactly should they butter you up?!?! And going by some of the posts in this thread , its clear that majority of people have problem with your attitude.

What I find really odd is you even complaining about people not being polite to you, as if you own posts are epitome of politeness, open-mindedness and accepting difference of opinions without ridiculing others..and…you know things that actually YOU should implement in your posts before expecting the same from others.

You reap what you sow, simple enough.

What I find really odd is you even complaining about people not being polite to you, as if you own posts are epitome of politeness, open-mindedness and accepting difference of opinions without ridiculing others..and…you know things that actually YOU should implement in your posts before expecting the same from others.

No, dude. People were accusing me of being big meanie while everyone else here was all polite and mature. I pointed out it's the other way around. I haven't made any personal attacks here at all, even after having been subjected to many by most the regulars on this website in most of the threads I've participated in.

This place has a real problem with juvenile misbehavior. And the saddest part of that is most the regulars here probably haven't qualified as "juvenile" chronologically in decades.

You reap what you sow, simple enough.

It is simple enough. That's why you work at McDonalds, and I don't :p

I haven't made any personal attacks here at all

and,

So, this is where all the malicious mental midgets from usenet came to hang out! Good to know

Does not compute.

Not to mention your holier-than-thou attitude n tone in all of your posts. There is a reason why people are calling you out, you know. Try to introspect a little, if you can..If still you find this place not suiting to your taste, feel free to migrate elsewhere instead of staying AND complaining constantly. It doesn't seem that anyone is gonna miss you anyways!

That's why you work at McDonalds, and I don't :p

So you agree you lack social interaction skills?

Anyways, most of the posters here have made their point and none agrees with you. You can rest your case n find something else to rant about…or not. Moderator intervention should take care of further malice.

Bye!

That wasn't a personal attack, Aditya. It was an impersonal one. He despises all of us, equally, on general principles.

It makes me happy that he chose to stay, though. What would this place be, if we didn't have someone point out the error of our ways?

That wasn't a personal attack, Aditya. It was an impersonal one. He despises all of us, equally, on general principles.

Thats just semantics. My point of course was that he looks down upon those who disagrees with him and ridicules them.

It makes me happy that he chose to stay, though. What would this place be, if we didn't have someone point out the error of our ways?

Yeah, but we shouldn't be selfish and let this man stay where he is clearly not happy to be surrounded by lame mainstream gamers, right? You are free to convince him otherwise tho! :)

I expect not to be ridiculed by people who disagree with me. It seems I'm unreasonable, though. And since I'm right and all the people on this website who think it's a GOOD THING to refer to a FPS that incorporates a few RPG elements as a roleplaying game are wrong, I'll leave everyone here in peace to be wrong and enjoy their trivial casual gamer RPGs.

By the way, I'm not being arrogant when I claim I'm right and all the casual gamers are wrong. I believe that to be self evident to anyone who has been observing the industry for any length of time. I think the fact that this website supposedly dedicated to a niche genre has been over-run by mainstream casual gamers is just an example of pretentiousnous. Being a casual gamer is lame! Being a hardcore RPG fan is leet! Notice how often these mass-market dweebs boast about their hardcore gamer credentials? :eek:

You are entitled to your opinion and are entitled to say it on this site. I can't, however, help the fact that enough people disagree with you that it looks like you against everyone else.

That said, you are being arrogant (and let's ignore the "mental midget" and other insults you claim you're not using). I've been around a long time (as have many others) and things just aren't as "self evident" as you claim. I double-checked Deus Ex reviews from GameSpot, IGN and GameSpy to check my memory and make sure they weren't being pushed as RPGs (they weren't). And from my perspective, you're the mainstream casual gamer despite the claims: you bought Numen, which just another hack'n'slasher. Far more the cause of the decline of the industry than the handful of shooter-RPGs that have ever been produced (want to compare numbers of hack'n'slashers vs shooter-RPGs produced? Or do you want to argue hack'n'slashers are real, hardcore RPGs?).

I'm more than happy for you to hang around and debate the point, though.

I don't think we ever had a clear cut definition on what we report about on RPGWatch. What we are going by is something like "We report about Western RPGs, games with RPG elements and any other game the editor feels fitting for this site".
In the end this site is just about convincing everyone of our ways and promoting all those non-pure-RPG-games for which we get loads of money from the publishers, making it possible for us to quit our jobs. It just takes a bit more work convincing some I suppose ;)

Oh, there was a newsbit you didn't like? TEAR DOWN THE WALLS! GET THE PITCHFORKS! BURN AND PLUNDER!
Actually, occasionally Dhruin asks if he should cover a specific borderline game. Usually people vote for it. Precisely because we care about RPG's it is interesting to cover the fringe as well. After all we often discuss why these simpler games are more popular, or why there seem to be less and less hardcore RPGs. The newsbit is interesting exactly because it shows some of the developer-thinking that goes into such decisions.

The fact that he's bought Numen makes everything he said null and void. That's actively supporting what he's so obviously claiming to be against.

As such, any further exchange is worthless, as if there was ever any doubt.

I don't think we ever had a clear cut definition on what we report about on RPGWatch. What we are going by is something like "We report about Western RPGs, games with RPG elements and any other game the editor feels fitting for this site".
In the end this site is just about convincing everyone of our ways and promoting all those non-pure-RPG-games for which we get loads of money from the publishers, making it possible for us to quit our jobs. It just takes a bit more work convincing some I suppose ;)

Haha!

Maybe this should be the site's mission statement...

Back
Top Bottom