The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Stax 50th Anniversary compilation. Memphis soul, good stuff.

Les Paul and Mary Ford: The Best of the Capitol Masters.

Also pulled out my old Ramones albums since I'm in my first year of guitar and that stuff is pretty easy to play by ear.

Just discovered the "additional content for registered users" page at The Witcher site, and I'm listening to the four MP3's they've got available. This is my fave ( off youtube):

Rootwater - "Born again"-
The other three:
Beltaine - "Bring to the Boil"-quite the medieval sound
Skowyt - "Running away"-sounds like an american band here? good cut
Lal - "They want to Suck" and they do--give it a nine on the creepiness scale.

How about some upbeat dreampop with some tasty vocal harmonies?

"Get On Me" by thebrotherkite

Well, here are some songs and albums that I've been listening to recently:

Samamidon has a very beautiful folk song on his MySpace-page. It is called "Tribulation". And I recommend it deeply.

Then there's the great pop song by Feist called "1234". It's quite catchy.

Albumwise I've been listening a lot to Beiruts recent album "The Flying Club Cup". "A Sunday Smile" is perhaps the best song off the album even though the whole album is fantastic.
They've created videos to all the songs from the album, which can be seen here. Try picture #1.

Have I forgotten something? No, I guess that's that.

Just discovered the "additional content for registered users" page at The Witcher site, and I'm listening to the four MP3's they've got available. This is my fave ( off youtube):

Rootwater - "Born again"-
The other three:
Beltaine - "Bring to the Boil"-quite the medieval sound
Skowyt - "Running away"-sounds like an american band here? good cut
Lal - "They want to Suck" and they do--give it a nine on the creepiness scale.

Yes, my thoughts exactly on Lal! :lol: I also didn't like Skowyt because it's not my type of music. Rootwater on the other hand rocks! And the Beltaine bit is also very cool.

Not sure why, but this is Gig's theme for me. I imagine Giggles driving a red convertible, hair a wind-blown mess, speeding down an ocean-side highway on a georgeous sunny day. Couldn't tell you why, and the only link to reality is that I've got a general idea where she lives. Anyway, close your eyes and see everyone's favorite carefree "Southern Spirit".

"Finest Hour" by Velocity Girl

Aww... that's like the sweetest thing ever dte... thank you. :hug:

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Not quite sure what I'd call this. Catchy, certainly... ;)

"Orbit" by The Lost Patrol

Some 4AD britpop goodness from back in the day:

"Dizzy" by Throwing Muses

Couldn't quite get my ears around the vocals, Jabber. Could have been a mood problem, though.

Goth for me today:
"How It Came to Be This Way" and "A Waiting Time" by Autumn
(it's sort of a mandatory one-two punch off the Hating Tree cd...track one sets the table and track two snarls right thru ya in the pre-chorus)

Hmm.. the music reminds me of a couple of forays into the Goth world that The Cure did, which is a good thing, but I just couldn't get into the vocals. I'm like Sammy - When it comes to female vocals I listen for ones that could summon an angel and a devil all at the same time^^... This to me wasn't feminine enough.

Yeah, Julie's got a very strong, operatic voice. Not much silk to go with the steel. Can't do linkies from work, but you might take a spin with "Cold Sea" by Autumn's Grey Solace. Pretty sure it's on their Myspace page.

Autumn's Grey Solace linkie
(it should be noted that "Cold Sea" isn't really typical of the band, which is pretty obvious if you try any of other tracks)

Silver Screen for me today. He's only got one track from the cd up and unfortunately I'd say there are 2 or 3 that should have been picked over "Something to Prove", but I guess ya get what ya get.

Okay, now you're talkin' dte... Cold Sea is a good track, and I liked the other samples too.

Been listenin' to A Fine Frenzy today.

Back
Top Bottom