Sacred 3 is not an rpg.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
It is a beatemup now. Dumbed down and consolized, you have been warned.

Think Diablo 3 with less customization.

Played many hundreds of hours with Sacred 1 and 2, they are my favourite ARPG-s basicly.
Never imagined they can do anything with the franchise that stops me from buying Sacred 3 on release. It's obvious now they could.

Ascaron had its headquarters in Gütersloh, a town in western Germany. It had a development studio in Aachen and an international office in Birmingham, in the United Kingdom.

Ascaron had a particular focus on strategy and management games. Among its early successes were the Patrician series (a trading simulation) and the On the Ball series (a soccer team management simulation). More recently, the company had developed games such as Port Royale (a pirate/trading simulation game), Sacred (an RPG) and Darkstar One (a space combat simulation).

Ascaron was also known for publishing or distributing many games from smaller developers and publishers. Examples of games distributed by Ascaron in the UK include King's Bounty: The Legend, Audiosurf and several games in the TrackMania-series. The company distributed games from other European publishers, such as Nobilis and Focus Home Interactive.

In April 2009, the company was unable to pay its debts and went into administration citing the extended development time of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel as the reason.[1] The company continued trading in the hope that a solution could be found, but the company was ultimately dissolved in July 2009, with Kalypso Media purchasing many of the licenses and assets from Ascaron Entertainment, with the notable exception of the licence for Sacred, which was acquired by Deep Silver (Germany). Gaming Minds Studios was then launched by Kalypso and former Ascaron employees. 15 former Ascaron developers joined the Gaming Minds Studios.[2]

As of April 2010, Ascaron UK was still in operation, acting as a distributor for other publishers. Clients include Paradox Interactive.[3]

From the wiki. I wish i supported these guys more, is port royale any good?

Ok, so they could have used this budget to for example fund something like my Tactica: Maiden of Faith project.

Instead they throw the money away with this..... some publishers never seize to horrify me.

From the wiki. I wish i supported these guys more, is port royale any good?

If you like Patrician, then you'll like Port Royale, they are very similar, just in different settings. People who are into trading games seem to like Patrician & Port Royale quite a bit.

The German reviews for Sacred 3 are terrible. Only if you forget the name Sacred the game seems to be okay.

The rights for the Ascaron back catalog were purchased by Kalypso, except for Sacred. They co-founded a new studio together with the lead developer of the older Patrician and Port Royal games. So the new games are still basically made by the same people.

I'm quoting myself :

I personally find the UI graphics of Sacred 3 horrible. Looks like an DOTA game to me, somehow … And loot is gone, I read "to keep players from standing still and comparing items for minutes" …

Back
Top Bottom