Dragon Commander - Larian Announces New Game

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As far as I understood it, the map is turn-based, whereas the actual fights are real-time.

Don't know much more by now, though.

First impression is "Homeworld" as a dragon fleet commander. Color me intrigued...

Had exactly the same impression - and already wrote so at the Larian forums …

By the way, the Disney game of "The Treaure Island : Battle Of Prokyon" is a similar game to Homeworld (in regard to battles), believe it or not ...

I would never play such a thing, but I'll be curious to see if it kills Larian as a studio. Hope not! Hopefully, they'll have enough employees to fill two full teams. This way they can develop a sure money maker in D3 and then pray that Dragon Commander doesn't leech all the profits from D3 and they can stay solvent.

Also, it can be hoped that the better team members and the 1st release date goes to D3. Larian already takes an ungodly amount of time between Divinities.

Larian already takes an ungodly amount of time between Divinities.

I assume they just needed it - to be truly independent, self-founding everything.
They did other games in the meanwhile ...

If it's basically Civilization or Total War with dragons then I could see a lot of people biting. I haven't read the announcement yet though, so I'm probably an asshole for even replying.

In any case, bring on Divinity 3 (4) please.

I assume they just needed it - to be truly independent, self-founding everything.
They did other games in the meanwhile …

Yeah, but I only play crpgs so my hopes are totally self-centered :D

At this point, I just hope anything remotely " fantasy strategy with RPG elements" jotted down some notes on the Elemental fiasco and takes the appropriate measures.

Looks and sounds good to me. I loved the dragon parts of DKS, but they were too short. And now we're getting an entire game based on it…I'm stoked!

I knew it I said a game about commanding Dragons. Hopefully it sells well to fund the other project which is the divinity rpg.

The first thing that came to my mind was that they took the worst part of Div2 and made it a separate game?

But anyways now is the best time to sell a dragon game. Dragons are very popular. Players cant have enough of them!

Oh yes Im buying this!
Play Dragon Commander and become a mighty Dragon Knight who takes to the skies to wage all-out war. Burn your enemies and lead your armies, then plan your next moves on the highly interactive, tactical campaign map. Yours is the power of the dragon and yours will be the empire!
Hopefully Larian has played this game:
1043530469-00.jpg

I dont like pure RTS but with proper turn based strategic it could be enjoyable - if the AI is any good.

Sounds like a Heroes of Might and Magic\Magic Carpet hybrid. Curious about it! Magic Carpet was a really cool game and I havent seen many games like it!

it would be nice if it followed more in the King Arthur RPG than the other games mentioned but i guess we will see.

More like Total War/Homeworld combo.
The amount of Dragon games is reaching hilarious proportions.

Need more info on the strategic part to determine what my preliminary stance toward the game is :).

They did other games in the meanwhile …

Their last Divinity game used Gamebryo so it's not like they reinvented the wheel or anything. To be honest, it kind of looked like a Morrowind total conversion.

I do need to play that game some time though. I couldn't get anti-aliasing to work and at my resolution it was super jaggedy and I couldn't get past that.

The amount of Dragon games is reaching hilarious proportions.

There's starting to be a lot of pirate games too. Now somebody just need to make a game about dragon riding pirates. ;)

This company consistently makes silly names for their games. Divine Divinity? Laugh out loud stupid.

Dragon Commander? Sounds like a name a fifth grader would come up with.

That said, they make pretty good games and I'm intrigued.

There's starting to be a lot of pirate games too. Now somebody just need to make a game about dragon riding pirates. ;)

And give him a pet zombie. Zombie games are pretty popular now, too. Hmm, I' bet I'd play that game. I always play pet classes. I guess I'm that 5th-grader Ovenall was talking about. My wife always says so, too. :p

Back
Top Bottom