Indie RPGs - Moving to Better Graphics?

I haven't played Wasteland 2, but I wonder if really the current Unreal engine would be better. I don't know a game with such approach with Unreal engine. The case of X-Com is rather interesting.

It's at least a clear AA budget if not AAA for first release, and the weakness of the game, not many combats areas, from far. A RPG would be totally ridiculous with so few area. Sure the expansion added many more, but in comparison with the initial release, not in comparison with a game like Wasteland 2.

Moreover there's something wrong in XCOM when you move out the zoom, I doubt it would be great with same programing in a game like W2.

Another case is rather interesting it's a true indie game, an incoming turn based strategy game with the unreal engine, first the game doesn't look that good, second the game seems bear well only a relatively close point of view, ie not well adapted to the game genre.

So I wonder which game is really showing Unreal engine is great for games with an ISO point of view.

Back
Top Bottom