Last game you finished, tell us about it

Amalur actually sounds interesting. It's just I tend to play shorter games these days. And it sounds there is a lot of filler and fetch quests which I just won't be able to ignore.

Just finished BioShock: infinite. Loved it as expected (I only pick games that I'm most certainly going to like). And I want more. They say burial at sea is excellent but I want to explore columbia, not rapture city + the gameplay sounds more boring (less combat).

Amalur actually sounds interesting. It's just I tend to play shorter games these days. And it sounds there is a lot of filler and fetch quests which I just won't be able to ignore.

Just finished BioShock: infinite. Loved it as expected (I only pick games that I'm most certainly going to like). And I want more. They say burial at sea is excellent but I want to explore columbia, not rapture city + the gameplay sounds more boring (less combat).

You really need to play both Burial at Sea DLCs - as they tie up the story in a way that I think was intended.

The second one is very good, in my opinion, as it introduces stealth gameplay. Well, except that the ending isn't what a lot of people wanted, but I liked it :)

You really need to play both Burial at Sea DLCs - as they tie up the story in a way that I think was intended.

The second one is very good, in my opinion, as it introduces stealth gameplay. Well, except that the ending isn't what a lot of people wanted, but I liked it :)

I agree - it works brilliantly and as described explains some aspects.

Completed Bioshock Infinite a few minutes ago. I've got to think about this one for a bit. Definitely a very good entry in the franchise. Don't know that I got quite as much immersion from Columbia as I did from Rapture, but the story is much stronger. Very much worth the time spent. Highly recommended.

Completed Bioshock Infinite a few minutes ago. I've got to think about this one for a bit. Definitely a very good entry in the franchise. Don't know that I got quite as much immersion from Columbia as I did from Rapture, but the story is much stronger. Very much worth the time spent. Highly recommended.

How did you like the ending? ;)

Just finished Lords of Xulima on old school veteran. Great game. Like a cross between Wizardry, Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic. The only complaint I have is that they force you to take speed for every character at every lvl. When all your characters are maxed out in speed game is not that hard.

Exploration and the map in Xulima was top notch. So were the monsters. Magic items were a bit underwhelming. Character advancement was also very nice. Thanks to the Watch for pointing out this game. First RPG I have finished since Might and Magic X.

Did you play any of the DLC?

Did you play any of the DLC?
I did not. The game itself was a very gracious gift. I might come back and pick up the Buried at Sea stuff next time it goes on sale.

haha. Yes, that one, that was repeated again. And I am afraid there may a third time. After the second I googled "siren" to see if I could make her any less painful… So far I am not convinced.

I wouldn't mind this so much, but c'mon only checkpoint saves? I like to experiment, but I will not bother replaying a lot of trash content just to try out some different tactics things on a boss fight (or other fights). A really half-assed design. What's the point of them giving you all this gear, vigors, and weapons, but no incentive to experiment, once you've found something that works for you? Annoys the hell out of me (as I knew it would). Otherwise, I would have payed more of a premium to play this. Take note, devs. ;)

Teehee. There's a bit of a trick that makes that a little more manageable. Well, not really a trick, but more something you may or may not notice that makes a big difference. Still a challenge, though, even if you're playing on easy like I did.

You can thank console-itis for the checkpoint save thing, and yes it's a major downer. Kind of a kick in the nuts thinking about how such an enjoyable game could have been even better without the compromises.

Didn't see the hook coming, so I'd say the ending worked to perfection.

I'm glad to hear that ;)

I found this song at the credits to be particularly effective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwDzbZcUTok

In terms of gameplay and savepoints, I don't think BI is a "great" one - but I did have a lot of fun with the sniper rifle and experimenting with gear loadouts.

But in terms of pure immersion and engaging narrative, it's really one of the best of all time. I love how it starts out more or less like Bioshock, trying to deal with down-to-earth themes like oppression and religious fanatics - but then going way beyond those - only to end up with the simplest and most powerful theme of all - the love of a child.

I just finished Infinite and the two Burial at Sea expansions. After the last one (BaS part 2), all I could think is that the writer must be a deeply disturbed individual. I wonder if this sort of stuff is really healthy for me. The game puts the player through challenges that end with what was for me a rather sad ending for the protagonists, in both the main game and the two DLC. It's sort of a let down for me, considering the time invested.

I will say this for it, each game was extremely engaging, even though the rewards were rather bitter at the end.

The introduction sequence of BoS part 2 really struck me as an amazing atmospheric piece as it transitions to the darker theme of the game.

EDIT: So I wrote this just as I was coming down with a terrible cold. May have been a little overly negative…

I also liked how the story from Bioshock was woven into the Infinite storylines. Well done (if unnecessarily sad)!

Last edited:
Just finished Risen 3. A good game overall but for me not as good as other PB games. Definitely below Gothics and Risen, about on par with Risen 2.

World and exploration were great.

Quests were good not great, felt a little simpler than previous PB games.

Monster and weapon variety were lacking. Monster variety was just plain lacking. There were lots of different weapons in name but the differences between them was so little as to not make a difference.

Combat was way too easy. I still have a hard time believing how crazy easy this game was when I think about PB games in general.

Overall it still had the PB something special, just maybe not as much as some of their others. Whenever I had free time I sat down to play Risen 3 and put more time in faster than any recent game except Lords of Xulima and Original Sin.

I just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition. I like the game overall for the freedom it offers, the way it plays (kinda MMO'ish) and the typical Dragon Age team building (conversations, extra quests, etc).

The ending of the game however was a big meh for me, didn't feel epic and leaves too many questions unanswered (even some questions I didn't know even existed...).

So graphics and design are a very good mix between the first and second game and some of the best seen in a RPG of this magnitude so far (IMHO). As far as I'm concerned they can use this engine for Mass Effect 4, but please make a meaningfull and complete story arc!

Just finished Crysis and liked it. The suit was more enjoyable and easy to use than I expected. The last battle took me 20 times at least to get through it but I'm still looking forward to the next game in the series.

Just finished Crysis and liked it. The suit was more enjoyable and easy to use than I expected. The last battle took me 20 times at least to get through it but I'm still looking forward to the next game in the series.

Same thing happened to me on the last battle but I eventually gave up and never finished the game.

I really enjoyed the first half of the game, thought it was amazing but as it became more and more alien focused I started losing interest.

That's probably why I played very little of 2 and 3.

Also the suit didn't seem to be utilized as well in what I played of 2&3.

Back
Top Bottom