Elder Scrolls Online - Editorial @ ESOHUT

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
ESO HUT has another article this week for The Elder Scrolls Online. The topic of course is about the games subscription plan.

Probably one of the most talked about subjects regarding the Elder Scrolls Online on the web right now is all about the paid subscription method which Bethesda has decided to implement for this creation. Obviously, us fans want to play the game for as little as possible, we all have other bills to pay or other stuff we could do with the money instead, but then again you can’t really say that $15 per month is a lot to loose each month when you realize that you can be playing the newest and biggest MMORPG game to date for as many hours per day as you can cram in around your current lifestyle.
More information.

The fact that ESO is going sub-based is a good thing. F2P is horrible for MMORPGs and leads to crappy games and crappier players.

However, having a sub is far from the biggest problem with ESO. It's just a bad idea for a game from the ground up.

I'm sure a lot of sheep will buy it and play it, since mass market players buy whatever mass market crap is spewed out for them, but a weak representation of one of the stronger PvE RPGs of all time and a weak MMORPG at a time when most new MMORPGs are very weak is just not what I as an RPG lover or MMORPG lover want to see.

ES VI with player hosted co-op would be amazing. ES the MMORPG, there is no way it can ever measure up to what makes ES games so great - just not possible in an MMORPG.

Out of all the bad ideas for turning popular IPs into MMORPGs, this is probably the worst one ever.

Going by today's "reveals," expect future ESO editorial to be about "things you shouldn't add into your pre-order packs". Unlocking the alliance races lock for pre-orders for example…

You can see by yourself.

Going by today's "reveals," expect future ESO editorial to be about "things you shouldn't add into your pre-order packs". Unlocking the alliance races lock for pre-orders for example…

You can see by yourself.

Always take collectors/pre-order bonuses with a grain of salt. Items you get from it are normally vanity pets/costumes, items that are useless after a few level and stuff you can unlock from playing normally as I assume the imperial thingy will be.

Always take collectors/pre-order bonuses with a grain of salt. Items you get from it are normally vanity pets/costumes, items that are useless after a few level and stuff you can unlock from playing normally as I assume the imperial thingy will be.

You have to buy the CE or the Deluxe edition (or upgrade to Deluxe) to get the Imperial race (race are not cosmetics). The racial alliance unlock cannot be achieved in-game (there was no announcement about it) and it's a pre-order bonus.

Apparently if you pre purchase any edition, any race can join any faction…. lol wut?

This 3 faction PvP crap is a huge mistake for ESO and this is an admission of that… This isn't a good sign for game by any stretch of the imagination.

Also you only have this 3 faction stuff because its being developed by DAOC dev.

You have to buy the CE or the Deluxe edition (or upgrade to Deluxe) to get the Imperial race (race are not cosmetics). The racial alliance unlock cannot be achieved in-game (there was no announcement about it) and it's a pre-order bonus.

I've played enough mmo's to assume that it'll be unlocked for everyone sooner or later. Giving advantages to someone for paying extra usually goes really bad along with people if they have to pay monthly fees to play. Devs always have to back down sooner or later ;)

ES VI with player hosted co-op would be amazing.

It is unsure they can add co op to a TES game. For sure, they can offer a multiplayer mode where the players decide whether they want to work together and confront one another but it wont be a co op game.
ES the MMORPG, there is no way it can ever measure up to what makes ES games so great - just not possible in an MMORPG.

One thing to monitor: how this game is going to influence the TES series. For example, in a TES game, exploration is self motivated. In that online game, they knew they had to make it rewarding by giving more power to players who spend time exploring etc...

I've played enough mmo's to assume that it'll be unlocked for everyone sooner or later. Giving advantages to someone for paying extra usually goes really bad along with people if they have to pay monthly fees to play. Devs always have to back down sooner or later ;)

You can upgrade to CE version after the game is launched so everyone can have imperials but you have to pay to get them.

All races have access to all factions - but only at level 50.

No, you can't PvP on more than one side - as the PvP campaign is bound to your character and you can't just switch sides - it's only the PvE stuff you can do as the other factions.

The reason three factions is a good thing for PvP - is because it combats the common balance issues of two factions - where one side is always larger than the other. Three factions make for a more dynamic battleground.

I like this - and so do a lot of fans. However, PvP is entirely optional - and you can PvE in the PvP area as well.

The Imperial race is just an added incentive for getting the Collector's Edition - like is the case with all such editions - and you could just buy the race later on in the store, if you really want it.

It's nothing new.

Before going crazy about something, it helps to understand the game first.

Jumping to conclusions is quite normal with consumers ;)
Especially when it can be looked at as a doomsayer.

All races have access to all factions - but only at level 50.

Reaching level 50 gives you access to the landmass, but you will only see players of your own faction in there.

You will never be able to play with players of another factions in PvE unless you start in the same faction...and that is race locked, unless you pre-order.

Reaching level 50 gives you access to the landmass, but you will only see players of your own faction in there.

It gives you access to all the content as well.

You will never be able to play with players of another factions in PvE unless you start in the same faction…and that is race locked, unless you pre-order.

No, that race is not locked - you can always upgrade to that edition. That's par for the course with MMOs and pre-order schemes. Also, it's bound to come out as a separate purchase in the store, as is the norm.

Obviously you can't play with people you're at war with, as that would completely destroy the integrity of the game. Imperials aren't at war with the other factions, so there.

If you want to play with your enemies, you can simply start a character of their faction.

But it's a roleplaying game - and you're supposed to pick a side you sympathise with.

If you want to make it a big deal, go ahead - but I have a hard time taking it seriously.

Back
Top Bottom