Things you don't need to know...

Earlier today when I watched TV, there were no programs showing, and no upcoming programs about sharks on National Geographic channels, Discovery Channels. Animal Planet, History Channels and BBC knowledge. No previews of shark programs either.

I don't think I've experienced that before.

pibbur who is a bit troubled by this.

PS: I didn't visit the Norwegian channels, but they usually don't cover sharks. Probably because the sharks we have here are very small and not capable of removing more than a finger from your body. DS.

Pibs, the answer to the shark problem is simple: Eat them before they eat You!! :) Shark is beautiful with a hint of lemon!!

Well it could because several are now endangered or worse. In Australia it seems that whenever anyone is injured by a shark or a shark is spotted near a major beach this event triggers a huge (feeding?) frenzy or killing every shark in sight!

BTW I asked a statistician friend and they said that you are more likely to die of lightning strike in Australia than shark attack.

In terms of ones that are getting scare : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_threatened_sharks

Last edited:
Our king, Harald ver. 5.0 has for some reason spent 5 days in Australia.

Apparently he survived, but he needed a week's vacation afterwards, nobody knows where.

pibbur who is a republican, but not in the american sense.

Strange, there was no mention of his visit down here on our news; must have been a clandestine operation!! :)

We had a King Harold. Some French bloke shot him in the eye and then built castles everywhere.

Since so many of you (without telling me) wondered about my use of "raining" in my interpretaion of the 3 R's (Reading, riting and raining) in the sex ed thread, here's the explanation: In Norwegian the word for rain and calculate have the same spelling, "regne".

Pibbur who in his own eyes sometimes tries desperately to be funny.

Ultrasounds revealed that my next child will be another girl. Like I said earlier, I hoped it would be another son, but the Lord in His unfathomable wisdom decided otherwise and I welcome that decision.

HHR, have you played Driftmoon? It is a Christian-themed crpg that came out several years ago. It should be right up your alley. You'll actually find books of the new testament in the game world, iirc.

I trust everything was ok with mother and child-wannabe?

best wishes from pibbur who remembers fondly seeing a very low-res examination of his daughter number 2 in utero, about 33 years ago.

PS. Personally, I think stuff like this now belongs in the newly created Personal Things you don't need to know thread. Just a suggestion, you may of cause do what you like. DS,

You don't need to know that Windows XP actually has a command called "DOSONLY" for use in their CONFIG.NT file, the replacement of the original CONFIG.SYS file.
DOSONLY allows - you might have guessed it - only DOS programs running in what they call the "MS-DOS subsystem".
I never knew about that.

Sorry GG but it's about resolution support, not Assassin's Creed Unity eyecandy. Consoles will be able to support this resolution… Never? :evilgrin:

And another one today, for phonegames lovers:
http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/04...andy-Crush-thumb/4471429110943/?spt=sec&or=on
After you read the article, don't forget to buy another free2play lollipop and pass another level of this musthave masterpiece.

The final one is just a bizzare case where "spilling" milk is a crime:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...r-two-more-weeks/story-fnhocxo3-1227286593484
Speking of milking and laws, no wonder EA doesn't have an office in Perth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom