D:OS Tips & Hints

Divinity: Original Sin
Since I've finished the game I thought of revisiting traders and writing down all spells since those are not in the manual… There is no need for that. Wiki has them:
http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Divinity:_Original_Sin_Skills
They don't have an info on spells you can't find a book for but just scrolls (magical unlock for example).

The same wiki has an input on crafting but it's obsolete as some things are changed with patches.
For those interested into that (when I think on it, I should probably go try some combos myself just to have some fun) there is a better post on official board that is frequently updated, even today there was a new thing discovered:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=516251#Post516251

You are standing close to a river, battling undeads which can spread poison ? Step into that nearby river ! It effectively washes away any poison !

(Or so it seems to me ...)

Anyone tell me if the Elemental Statue allows you to reselect the Elemental Vendor of choice later in the game?

You'll unlock them all as you progress so pick any.

Is there a way to activate the teleporter to the "Forbidden Zone"?

No. For that one I've googled and apparently it's pets only portal. You've probably seen a sheep happily going there. If not, go to End of Time and don't move for a while, a sheep will appear going to f. zone.
And since there is no transform into animal spell…

All other portals are activated by (finding or deliberately using) noninert stones. But three blood stones when used don't activate anything (two from immaculate chapel and one from goblin totem). Or it's four? Can't remember now, forgot if Iron Maiden stone unlocks a portal. But anyway:
You should not use those three stones till the endgame as will make the last fight vs void dragon easier!

Let's hope modders will make forbidden zone active. So we can grab some wool or milk while in base. ;)

Last edited:
I need a spoiler -
which summon spell (firey, icey, earthy, or airy elemental) summons Kevin aka Couch?

(for those who play which RPGWatch backer code)

Question :

After the tiny quest at Cyseal with the Fantastic Four, the rescued ones say that they'll go to the Legion at Cyseal - but I cannot find them. Where are they ?

Question :

After the tiny quest at Cyseal with the Fantastic Four, the rescued ones say that they'll go to the Legion at Cyseal - but I cannot find them. Where are they ?

in the prison

I didn't keep track of all my bloodstones which, of course, are used to unlock the final areas of the game so I came up two short and found myself not looking forward to back tracking to get the required number of star stones. It's a great game but excessive backtracking to me is tedious, no matter how good the game. So here's a tip: if you find yourself not wanting to backtrack to get bloodstones, you can bash in the Source Temple Giant Head entryway that leads to the puzzle chambers with a Tenebrium weapon. It took me about 15 minutes to do so but this was preferable to the much greater time it would have taken me to read walkthroughs & go back to the areas of earlier quests to get those missing stones.

Errrr, I'm not really sure what are you talking about.
Bash what head?

Errrr, I'm not really sure what are you talking about.
Bash what head?

The door in the shape of a face/head. Thought it was fairly clear what I was talking about taken in context of the description.

There are many doors in shape of face/head inside Source Temple but you don't need to "kill" any of them.
I'm really not sure which one you're talking about.
Can you please upload a screenshot? In Steam game you can do it with F12, in GOG game you must use 3rd party app, I suggest Fraps as it's freeware.

I didn't keep track of all my bloodstones which, of course, are used to unlock the final areas of the game so I came up two short and found myself not looking forward to back tracking to get the required number of star stones. It's a great game but excessive backtracking to me is tedious, no matter how good the game. So here's a tip: if you find yourself not wanting to backtrack to get bloodstones, you can bash in the Source Temple Giant Head entryway that leads to the puzzle chambers with a Tenebrium weapon. It took me about 15 minutes to do so but this was preferable to the much greater time it would have taken me to read walkthroughs & go back to the areas of earlier quests to get those missing stones.
How could you miss those stones? I actually had 2 extra in my inventory after going in the temple, was keeping them for their healing power for the boss fight, turns out I didn't need to use them anyway :) I didn't even try looking for them, I think I got them just from normal questing.

There are many doors in shape of face/head inside Source Temple but you don't need to "kill" any of them.
I'm really not sure which one you're talking about.
Can you please upload a screenshot? In Steam game you can do it with F12, in GOG game you must use 3rd party app, I suggest Fraps as it's freeware.

It's the main entrance to the puzzle chambers, and if you don't have all the portals opened in your homestead by using a certain number of bloodstones/star stones, the messenger in the face will not permit you to pass, so I just bashed open the fucker with a tenebrium scythe. Easy as TNT pie. :biggrin:

a2GGmLf.jpg

How could you miss those stones? I actually had 2 extra in my inventory after going in the temple, was keeping them for their healing power for the boss fight, turns out I didn't need to use them anyway :) I didn't even try looking for them, I think I got them just from normal questing.

I hoarded them too, and then learned they're needed to open the portals in your homestead. As it turned out, I had 2 portals still closed, not counting that "garden" area in the NW corner of the homestead. Gee, I hope it's not crucial to finishing the game since I don't think I'll be going there. :S

I really don't remember having any problem on that door (and as I said it's not the only "head" door. Then again, I did open every possible portal in End of Time because I'm kinda nitpicker and have to turn every rock.
As wolfling said, you simply can't miss them if you follow quests.
Said previously, two bloodstones from Imaculate Chapel cellar and one from Goblin village totem don't open any portal so you shouldn't use those unless in critical need.
But okay, I guess it's good to know that door is vulnerable to tenebrium.

Garden area in Homestead is endgame that opens after you finish the Source Temple.

Tip : If you can talk to animals, then make sure to talk to Rats, too ! They actually give very useful hints ! ( Albeit from their in-game perspective, of course ! )
Rat is or was their RL main web site maintainer for long years ...

Yea and after you talk to them kill them. On lower levels XP you get, while small, still counts!

Back
Top Bottom